A Lot has happened since my last blog entry First lets start with the project status
Hours. 101.0 Cost $2551.09
Last February 2014 we packed up and moved to Houston for a new career. The Garwood project was dismantled and shoved in a shed until we found a house with a suitable workshop aka garage and the project could be relocated. I spent the better part of the summer setting up the workshop in the garage. Once that was complete I built a new strongback and resumed the build.
I finally figured out how to build the transom. I decided the build needed some of my own flair hence a design change. The transom will have a similar radius to the original plans bu will also be raked forward 10 degrees from vertical. This presented a challenge on how to create a paper pattern. There are some good books out there to help with the problem.
I sourced enough white oak from Houston Hardwoods to build the keel and the transom so the build officially resumed.
The transom is laminated as well is the keel. It took some time to locate the stem and get the right curves but it was worth the effort.
Someday I will have two complete boats in the garage.