I selected a small piece of highly figured padauk for the front feature and remade it to my scratch trial dimensions:
After a few hours of sanding I was ready for finishing in tung oil:
I used three sessions for 3 coats of tung oil lightly sanding in between.
My plans for the bottom surfaces for everything was velvet glued down. this comes down to a nice fit for the velvet cuts.
I decided to find a use for the old pink printer paper we had and used it to cut templates:
After which I started waxing.
See my post in projects for the final product.
Thank you for looking.
-- Chris, “as soon as you come up with something foolproof, they come up with a better fool""