This is the last blog entry for this project. I tied up all the loose ends by adding a seat, finishing trim, adding the rocker base and fixing a mistake. First the seat…
I made a few slips making the seat frame, but after some time sanding that cleaned up ok. Next the trim for the transom. A few small boards and some roundover and that was done.
Finally, the slip up. I had made a big slip with the router while truing up the edges of the rails and this is the patch I made to fix it. From a normal distance, it’s not even noticeable.
As for the rocker base, well, see the finished pics here href="http://lumberjocks.com/projects/54591">
All in all, it was a fun project that sent me a couple of curveballs and took way to long to complete. But I’m glad I built it and so is Jayne. Now I need to start thinking about what to make for number five. He’s due to arrive in February, so I still have some time.