Got a few more things done on the boat, starting with attaching the bow cap. I ended up changing the shape a little bit to help blend with the side caps and decided on one more dowel at the bow and splines where the bow cap meets the side caps.
Once the bow cap was in place, I worked on trimming the walnut diamonds flush with the cap rails.
I did this with a trim router, a straight bit and a shim on half of the baseplate that the bit was set flush with. I was then able to nibble away at the inlays that were standing proud to leave them close to flush. I didn’t get the smoothest of surfaces when I was done, but some time with the sander took care of that.
I added a trim piece to the top of the transom plywood piece to cover the edge and have been doing a bunch of sanding and scraping on the cap rails and bow piece to get them to look right.
I originally thought I would just do an inlay piece to cover the screws at the bottom of the transom, but since I have the edges of the sides to cover as well, I’m going to trim the whole back with walnut. I’m also thinking about doing a thin edge of walnut around the entire cap rail as well. I just need to figure out how to make it go around the point of the bow.
After trim, I just need to make a seat and some rockers and it should be done!