I’ll end any suspense right now and say that I didn’t make my Christmas deadline for this project and at the rate I’ve been going, I’ll be lucky to make her birthday in June! At any rate, I finally have the boat out of the clamps that were holding the top rails on until I could glue in some dowels.
I cut the dowels flush and then turned my attention to the bow cap. I cut it out and template routed it and worked on the joints with the rails a bit today.
I have a little more shaping to do on the bow cap and some splines to cut for lining it up with the rails. I also need to figure out how I am going to attach it! I think I might do one more dowel and walnut diamond inlay right at the bow, but not sure if that will be all or not. Anyway, I made a little progress and it’s nice to see it without the clamps!