Yesterday started by doing final shaping on the ribs. I marked and cut them to length the night before and yesterday was the trial fit. All was well, so I needed to round-over the edges and sand them. Then it was time to install them permanently. A little bit of glue and a few well positioned screws hold each in place.
I made a few adjustments to the bow upright, sanded it and installed it in place as well. Some more glue and screws here.
Then it was time to bend the plywood into place to layout for screw holes.
I would have loved to keep the sides of the boat free of any visible fasteners, but I couldn’t think of a good way to accomplish that so it got carefully spaced screws along each side.
I like the way the screws turned out. Makes it look like rivets along the hull of a bigger boat. Now I need to focus on making a cap rail for the top of the sides, a cap piece for the bow and stern, a seat, and some rockers. I need to inlay a piece on the bottom of the transom board to hide the screws and was thinking of using purpleheart since this is a girl’s boat. If I do that, I will likely find a place to use more purpleheat as I add finishing touches. A few more days to go!