Today I did a bunch of sanding on the rib assemblies, back and bottom. I then did a clamp together assembly (with help from the wife) to make some layout marks to determine the size of the sides.
I used some leftover Luan plywood to make a rough shape for the sides since it was already pretty warped and thus a little easier to bend. I then transferred the shape to the 1/4” oak plywood for the finished piece and fine tuned the shape.
After I got one side shaped the way I wanted it, I transferred markings to the other and cut it out. Then I pattern routed the shape onto the second side using the first side as a template. Once the sides were clamped in position, I transferred marks to the rib uprights so I could trim them down.
The bow upright was marked for cutting as well and hopefully the next installment will have the basic shape complete.