I finally got around to a little more work in the garage/shop. I started building a new workbench and I finally got some pegboard put up.
First, the workbench. I wanted to rebuild my existing workbench to make the top a little bigger and so I could add a vise and bench dogs. As I was contemplating how to do this, a Shop Notes magazine came in the mail with a nice, inexpensive design that I thought would work well for me.
I got started on it and it was coming along just fine.
But then I made a mistake and glued on the edging for the top after accidentally drilling the wrong size dog holes in the edge rail (grabbed the wrong size bit in haste). After that, it has been slow to complete. I do have it together and the vise is on, but I still need to true up the end-edges of the top so I can attach the perimeter edging permanently. Then I just need to so some chamfering and it will be done. Once I finish that, I will have more pics. In the meantime, it has been put in its place until I get what I need to finish it.
I did get my miter saw moved over to it’s new location and put up some pegboard as well.
It was my intention all along to cover over the electrical work I did with some pegboard panels and I think it worked out pretty well. The conduit is hidden and the boxes sit just a little proud of the pegboard surface.
Now I just need to get my stuff organized and put up there.
In the future, I still plan to build a longer miter saw bench with storage cabinets beneath, but for now, moving the existing bench gets me closer to going back to building non-shop projects.
I still have upgrades planned for dust collection including plumbing in a central system and improving collection at the router table and miter saw. I’m just not sure what will get done next. I have a rocker to build before christmas.