I got a little work done on the console which was to cut the mortises in the three brackets and the tenons in the aprons and mounting board.
All the tenons fit with a snug slip-fit. In the dry assembly run I did notice that the shoulders of the tenons could fit more precisely, so a little more chisel work is in order.
Once I’m satisfied with the fit of the tenons, I will start on doing the purpleheart inlays. I’m planning to rout a groove on the end brackets that follow the shape of the brackets, offset 1” from the edges. It will be 1/4” wide and will receive a purpleheart inlay. I’m also planning to do a 1/4” purpleheart then 1/4” walnut edging all around the table top, but not along the back edge. This is to cover my biscuit mistake and hopefully it will look like an intentional decorative inlay.
Work with the purpleheart should be the next installment. Hopefully next week sometime.