Today I took a break from working on the miter saw station. Only had a few hours to spend in the shop so I decided to knock out as much as I could on a wall-mounted clamp rack. My clamps have been residing on the lumber cart I built, but that does me no good when needing the cart to move in new sheet goods and lumber from my truck in the loading dock to the shop.
So after viewing a few renditions done here on LJs, I had at it. It’s a quick and dirty solution, but it should serve the purpose well and besides it’s a clamp rack :)
After laminating two pieces of 1/2” birch ply, I set up a little jig and hogged out some holes with my Porter Cable drill and Forstner bits.
Then it was time to strike some lines to connect the dots.
And mark the edge so I could see where the cut line would be made using my crosscut sled.
One side, which will be pointing down, is pretty.
The other, well, not so much :)
I think this went way faster than using a jigsaw, which I had forgotten at home. However I’ll never see that top surface again until I pull the rack down to move :)
Just need to repeat this one more time, make some brackets to connect the two runners and mount the whole thing using French cleats. The rack is 48” long and holds 21 clamps – pipe, F style and Bessey K clamps. There’s ample wall space to add another rack of the same length.
Oh I got all the cuts made but forgot to take a last pic before I left for the day. Wife wants to go out for dinner and I couldn’t dally LOL
Thanks for looking :)
PS That crosscut sled has been used and abused. Need to make another – for the new table saw – whenever that happens :)
-- Bill, Yo!......in Brooklyn :)