I had some unexpected success fixing a screwup when making quadrilinear legs for my Harvey Ellis Bed project. The 1st 4 legs that I made got ruined for a couple of different reasons. On my second attempt, the joints didn’t close all the way on one of the legs. I really didn’t want to start a 9th leg attempt, so I tried to fix it. I set the tablesaw to 45 degrees and ran an 8th inch dado down the joints, and stuck some scraps in the dados. If I knew how good this would have turned out, I would have taken more time to match the wood. I was about 99% sure this would not work and was pretty frazzled. Some closeups below.
|This blog is written by bsherman | 1 entry so far|