Finally, my bench is complete! The last component – the shoulder vise, took the longest to fabricate and install. To be fair, I did lowball it and bought a Chinese-made vise from woodcraft. It’s pretty easy to see the differences when I compare it to my Jorgensen front vise. The machining is inferior, the instructions are abysmal, and the fit is rough. I guess I got what I paid for. If I were to redo it, I’d go for a twin-screw vise.
To wrap the frame I built, I hand-resawed a 2×6 I had laying around.
Finally, I got the body mounted, got benchdog holes aligned and drillled, and put on a coat of Tung Oil. I’ll follow up with a couple more coats over the next few days.
-- Brian - Belmont, Massachusetts