Before I put the end assemblies together I wanted to rig up the levelers. To level the bench I am using Hockey pucks with 1/2” bolts epoxied in them. I am then epoxying nuts into the legs of the assemblies.
Testing the fit of a nut after I drilled a hole in the bottom of a leg using my drill press and a forstner bit.
Once the levelers were done it was time to look into finishing up the ends. I went ahead and used a 3/8” forstner bit to drill holes so I could peg the joints. I really want this bench to survive anything I throw at it and glue just didn’t seem to be enough.
Once I got the pegs in it was time to glue up the end pieces. I used Titebond slow-set glue to put these together. If I had used normal Titebond there would be no way I could get everything together in time. My only concern is whether or not I got enough glue into the joints. Some of those mortises are big!
Up next, the stretchers!
-- Brian - Belmont, Massachusetts