In order to make the plane into a skew cut, I had to saw off the sides. Doing so wasn’t the easiest thing. I was pretty happy with my results though – keeping within 1/16 of where I wanted to be almost the entire way. Now that I...
|View brianl's:||home||workshop||projects (20)||blog (22)||reviews (2)||forum topics (9)||buddies (20)||favorites (173)||activity log|
108 posts in 1588 days
Location: Belmont, MA
One year down!
-- Brian - Belmont, Massachusetts
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Craftsman Entry Bench||602 days ago|
|added project||Stickley nightstands||621 days ago|
|commented on||Arts and Crafts Bookcase||779 days ago|
|added blog entry||Panel Raising Plane #3: The sides||827 days ago|
|added blog entry||Panel Raising Plane #2: Cutting the angle||832 days ago|
|added blog entry||Panel Raising Plane #1: Getting started||834 days ago|
|added project||Stickley Tabouret||836 days ago|
|added blog entry||Treadle Lathe Build #5: Rebuilding the tool rest||878 days ago|
|added blog entry||Treadle Lathe Build #4: The flywheel||906 days ago|
|started topic||16/4 Beech||920 days ago|
|commented on||Frame Saw Build #1: design considerations - blades||925 days ago|
|commented on||Treadle Lathe Build #3: Tool rest||933 days ago|
|added blog entry||Treadle Lathe Build #3: Tool rest||933 days ago|
|commented on||Hand Saws #6: A Millers Falls 74c Miter Box||934 days ago|
|added blog entry||Treadle Lathe Build #2: Framing Complete||937 days ago|
Latest Projects | view all 20 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 22 »
After sawing off the sides, it’s time to see about cutting the skew of the blade. After some deliberation I decided on angling the blade 20 degrees. It’s not a large angle, but I felt that a more complex angle would cause a hard time...
I decided to finally get around to finishing up the blanket chest I’ve been working on. It’s a frame and panel design by John McAlevey I first saw in Fine Woodworking’s “In the Craftsman Style.” The frame is made up...
After I finished building the initial tool rest (according to St. Roy’s plans) I was not one hundred percent happy with it. It wasn’t very adjustable and was a pain when it did. So, I took a look at modern commercial tool rests and t...
The flywheel is based around a 2×12 of Douglas Fir I picked up at the big orange store. Not exactly high quality wood, but it gave me the mass I was looking for. I then added a layer of 3/4” pine boards to increase the mass a bit more...