|Workshop by brian310207||posted 10-08-2012 02:40 AM||827 reads||0 times favorited||3 comments|
I’m just getting started putting everything together.
After a lot of work, I’ve finally got my retrofitted bench pretty much finished. I reinforced the thin top with dimensional lumber and drilled a line of dog holes and some holdfast holes towards the back. Hopefully this holds up for me until I can get a couple of things out of the way, then get my real bench built.
My workbench is finally clear of junk!
I broke down and put some pegboard up on the wall. The french cleats will have to wait for a while.
I made some serious headway this weekend, though it may not look like it from the pictures. I got a light installed over my sharpening station and picked up a bench grinder to work on some chisels that I was given; they needed a huge amount of work. I also picked up a 220 grit Norton water stone.
The biggest problem I have right now is lack of organization. All of my tools are basically just sitting on my work bench at the moment, which makes it pretty difficult to get anything done. I’m planning to lessen this problem by setting up a french cleat system on the wall above the workbench, and maybe extending past it on the right a bit.
-- Brian, Maine, http://digital-traffic.net