So I now have my first experience with Waterlox finish, and am reasonably happy with the results. I brushed it on, but eventually gave up and shifted to a rag. It is a bit unforgiving with drips and streaks, but I think I fixed a few bad layers ...
|View Ben's:||home||workshop||projects (8)||blog (7)||reviews (0)||forum topics (4)||buddies (0)||favorites (12)||activity log|
None so far
26 posts in 2469 days
Location: Bremerton, WA
Latest Activity | view all »
|added project||Five legged curved floor lamp||06-13-2013 03:19 AM|
|added project||Dining Table||10-23-2010 08:03 PM|
|commented on||Maple Bow Front Dresser||03-16-2010 05:07 AM|
|started topic||Maximum Veneer Thickness||03-15-2010 06:11 AM|
|added project||Child's Dresser (w/ Inlays)||03-01-2010 07:30 AM|
|commented on||Jewelery Box||02-26-2010 06:36 AM|
|added project||Jewelery Box||02-25-2010 07:14 AM|
|started topic||FUJIHISA MAME-KANNA plane from EBay||01-29-2010 05:35 AM|
|commented on||Rebuilt desk||10-03-2009 02:12 AM|
|added project||Rebuilt desk||09-28-2009 07:59 AM|
|commented on||Desk rebuild #6: Finish Applied||09-28-2009 07:39 AM|
|added blog entry||Desk rebuild #6: Finish Applied||09-28-2009 06:40 AM|
|added blog entry||Desk rebuild #5: Drawer construction||09-14-2009 06:33 AM|
|started topic||Jointer Tune-up Question||09-08-2009 05:20 AM|
|added blog entry||Desk rebuild #4: Set backs||08-25-2009 04:50 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 8 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 7 »
So I overcame the router issue with a new router. I bought a Triton 2 1/4 HP model. It seems to work OK so far, although all of the accessories are different than the Porter Cable versions, so I am slowly building up what I have for it. Some of...
So I moved on to making drawers for the desk this weekend. I had some extra Macore stock that I had already cut up and turned out to be just the right size for the sides and back of the drawers, so I was in luck! Since I couldn’t find the ...
I pushed through on my last vacation days and got the base of the desk re-assembled. I assembled all but the back strip with pocket screws. It is pretty strong right now, but I think I will back it up with some corner braces just to keep it from...
Since the last blog entry I have made some good progress on building new parts for the desk. The apron and legs are nearly ready to assemble. This was my first attempt at building curves into my work. To curve the front and sides I built up lay...