I was able to get the assembly done today. It was big day. I can see the tunnel at the end of the light! I have been working on the leg vise chop and all of the mortises and holes that have to be cut into the leg as well. This was much easier to do prior to assembling the bench.
Here is the finished chop and parallel glide.
On to the rest of the bench. I cut the pins for drawboring first and set them on the heater. I was thinking that this would make them a bit more pliable. Buy the time I got done with boring all of the holes, 48 in all, the pegs were quite hot. If I held them for more than a second or two, ouch, they burned.
Then onto the final assembly. Slobbered some glue on the tenons slid everything into place and started whacking pins into place, oh what fun. It came out quite well, very solid, and immovable. Absolutely zero racking, I’m grateful for that.
Nothing to do now except wait for the glue to dry. It has been a long haul to get to this stage. Thanks for looking.
-- Bondo Gaposis