Working some more on the end cap today. Finished chopping out the pins on the end cap dovetails.
The fit was far from perfect so I had to do a little adjusting w/ a sanding block.
Here they are together, hope they mate up!
After a bit more fussing I got them to go together, still far from perfect but functional. I’m still fairly new to hand cut dovetails.
I glued the dovetails and the front bench strip at the same time, here is the whole glue up.
I used Titebond Extend for this glue up because it took a long time to lather up the dovetail parts and the full length of the outside strip. I didn’t want the glue to grab before I nudged the dovetails home and got the clamps set. This is the first time I have tried this glue. It made the glue up a little more of a relaxed effort than it would w/ Titebond II.
-- Bondo Gaposis