The trials of marking out a site have nearly all landed on my little job here.
First, I could not locate the surveyors pins and managed to dig out half of my lot as well as part of the neighbours .
I finally used a site measurement taken off the original site plan for each end of the house and ran a line with a laser to get the back property line .
I had to move 5 square foot gardens forward as per the picture aand reload them before planting this weekend ( may 20/08)
Next was a buried gas line that the “Call before you dig” people would not locate for me as it was not a City line.
I hired a guy to locate it for this Thursday but in moving a large rock in the center of the proposed shed area I discovered it myself.
The gas pipe comes up inside the perimeter of the shop meaning that I Will now have to dig it up to the other side of the shed because code says no joins underground. Oh Joy!
Next comes the post holes for Sonotube and 4 foot holes to set the cement footing for the beams.
That first hole is a dud given my mesurements were in need of some trig.
-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner