Here is the last video for this project where I installed the hardware and triple beading. I’m going to post some nicer pictures of the unit shortly.
You know that great feeling that you get when you are coming to the end of a project and you can pretty well see the finish line? Well I have that feeling after today. Take a look.
Hey all . . . I finally got back at DW’s Christmas Gift/Anniversary Gift/Birthday Gift. I’m hoping that I will get it completed before it also becomes a Easter Gift. LOL Comments welcome. Enjoy . . .
With this installment I completed the doors for the side of the cabinet, installed the piano hinges, plugged a bunch of holes and did some sanding.
Well I finally have the drawers installed. There is no hardware, and they are a little “un-smooth” in their operation, but they are built and they do work. I have some fine tuning to do . . . but that will happen later. Cheers !
How is it that something so simple can cause so much grief? I had it all worked out in my head and everything was going fine until I made one stupid mistake . . . actually I made the same mistake 16 times. I was not happy when I discovered what I did . . . actually DW saw it first and I’m glad she did as I would have had to do a whole lot of deconstruction to fix the errors if she was not there to pick up on it. Watch the video. Its all fine now. :-)
Here is the second assembly video. Next its on to the drawers.
Hey All . . . Here is the first of two videos regarding the assembly.
I spent the last couple of days taking additional measurements, cutting boards and assembling the main section of the amoire. I am using 1 1/4” countersunk gyprock screws for the construction. I have two videos . . . but they are still in the editing stage. However here are a few pics. Videos coming soon !!
Yesterday I went to Home Depot to pick up some poplar ready for building. Wow . . . was it ever expensive. A 5” x 8’ board ¾” thick was $18.00 . . . that’s about $6.00 bf. I also picked up some ¼” board for the drawer bottoms. This was the end result of today’s work This is how I did it.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 276 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries