I have a General 50-200r model table saw. Lowering the blade is a chore becuase it feels like its binding. I’ve squirt some liquid wrench & WD40 on the worm drive screws & worked it up & down. It’s gotten better but there is still an issue. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue & what’s a good lubricant to use on these gears as well? Also what would be a good cleaner to clean the gears with as well? Thanks all.
Part of every workshop success is being organized and having templates on hand to trace and cut out, my shop is no different, for the longest time I kept my templates stuffed in a box, as of lately I have been getting request for shelves, rather than dig out these templates I created the “I SEE IT BOARD” this way a person can see the options that are available, it will be easier for me as well because I will be able to grab what I need and when I am done I can easily put it back ...
How this promise of a captain’s bed came about was almost an accident. My bride-to-be is used to having a large bed, California King, to be exact. All I had was a paltry queen-sized mattress on a relatively low frame. She commented that I probably stuck out over both ends when I slept (I’m 6’ 4”), and I had to agree with her. She also did not (understandably) want to share a bed with me that I had shared with my last (deceased) wife. So, I went and bought a Cal-Ki...
Howdy, I’m redoing the tiniest of tiny bathrooms. One entire wall is occupied by the tub. The other wall is taken up by the vanity and one of those gigantic mirrors. In between those small walls is the throne. If you are seated at the throne, there is just enough room to open the door. Yep… Tiny! I started on the countertop simply because I already knew exactly how I wanted it. Here are a few work in progress shots. I have already received some outstandi...
As promised here is the latest design created this week. Look back each week to see what I will create next.This was drawn up in the morning,cutout, sanded and assembled that evening. The tail was taken from the Dragon’s tail or hinge design. I used google images of the real stegosaurs for my hand drawing. My wife is helping me to promote the Etsy storefront.Thanks to Tim and those who commented on my photos I am now using this dollar tree foam light box we made.I know this ...
Hey everyone! the name of the show is called Filthy Riches and we premier April 20th!here is the link so you can see the trailer: Filthy Riches
a journey in shaper cutter, please come for the ride, stay for the 411 #1: An educational journey in shaper cutters, teachers & professors needed to take the reins.
I have over the past few weeks been able to start taking some overstock merchandise, merchandise that the customer either forgot about or didn’ t have the funds to pay after the customer used the companies sharpening service. Some of the blades, router bits and some shaper bits , I will be keeping for my self but, to be albe to buy more I have to sale items I don’t normally use or if there is way more of an item or group of items than I can use myself. This is one of those time. ...
I selected a small piece of highly figured padauk for the front feature and remade it to my scratch trial dimensions: After a few hours of sanding I was ready for finishing in tung oil: I used three sessions for 3 coats of tung oil lightly sanding in between. My plans for the bottom surfaces for everything was velvet glued down. this comes down to a nice fit for the velvet cuts. I decided to find a use for the old pink printer paper we had and used it to cut templates...
The next part was to figure how a nice tray would work into this. I thought I would just make a set-in tray with small compartments. This would be made of the same padauk: for the bottom I joined two pieces of the same padauk: This tray is done the same as the box in that I wanted all edges to be 45 degree miters: I had the idea of integrating the zebra wood into tray as the center handle/separator. It just stands out like a rusty nail though. In fact,...
I wanted to go with a technique I have been playing with where I miter every edge. I just made a new 45 degree sled for my saw and made a few test boxes that gave me some confidence in getting all the 45 degree corners right. after cutting all the 45s for the sides, I taped things together to test the fit: I then made the top 45 degree cuts in preparation for the lid cuts: As everybody knows, when you do this: If you are off 1/2 degree on all your 45s, you get gaps....
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 276 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries