The series of my thoughts and feelings.I can say that I will continue carving this series in the future.
Mary May's on line wood carving lessons ***AND turning blanks for carving a Philly Highboy rosette #3: FOURTH ENTRY Celtic Knots and Tudor Rose
One of the lessons was on Celtic Knots. I was fascinated with the subject and chose to pull some designs I liked off of the net and came up with three I liked… The first one was 3 loops intertwined and I like it because of its basket weave appearance. Next I wanted to try a simple infinity loop looking design… And then I decided to design one myself. There was a very cool Celtic Knot with a circle woven into it… so I decided to draw it into a hexagon and lea...
Mary May's on line wood carving lessons ***AND turning blanks for carving a Philly Highboy rosette #2: Moving beyond the first 13 online lessons..
Didn’t think when I signed up for online carving lessons that there would be any interaction with the teacher. I was wrong. You get to ask questions, make comments and post your completed lessons for feedback. If you check out Mary May’s online carving lessons you will see that in and amongst the 50+ video lessons, there are the first 13 lessons. The basics. These take you through different kinds of gouges and chisels, sharpening those gouges and chisels. Sharpening a V Ch...
IT seems a natural transition to pass to this simple and effective style of wood-carving after some preliminary exercises in the Dragon or Viking manner. The Byzantine style of decoration dates from the early half of the sixth century to the conquest of the Eastern Roman Empire by the Crusaders, a.d. 1204. Among its characteristics are the extremely pointed treatment of the acanthus, and much veining the leaves. In Byzantine architecture, the round arch and dome are conspicuous features. T...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1659 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1684 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 225 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 200 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries