Over the weekend I got a new table saw and this was one of my first projects! It is not perfect but I wanted it to look old and used so that work for me. View on YouTube
Overview It’s been great to put the boat to use and discover how versatile it is in MN. It makes a great two-person fishing boat for small lakes. Here’s Mary with her first catch from the boat…a 20” Northern Pike. Here’s me with our catch from another trip…a 5 pound and a 3 1/4 pound largemouth bass. We plan to modify the boat by installing adjustable pedestal columns, bass boat seats, and flush bases to mount them. This will require con...
well, its time to make the upper frame. I have rounded the edges of the back brace (as the anchoring rope is going to go around it), screwed it to the lower support (the pull is toward the support, so no need for structural joints) and this is what i got: I figured the pole will have to rotate on some support from belo, so i used pocket screws to add a piece of timber below it: and now all the frame is together! I have used different joints for this: to reduce friction...
First, I drilled the holes for the handles, here it is with one 3/4” pipe in place (I don’t have two…): I also added screws to help with the shearing force. not sure if it was wise: another addition was more screws to hold the parts of the circle together, as i was afraid the edge will catch: now I could set my mind on the frame… first comes denailing. For those of you who never worked with recycled timber, here is a photo if a relatively easy to d...
I have to apologize for not taking pictures while building it – thought about it only later. there are some photos of the end of this stage at the bottom of the page. So, I looked at my timber rack and found that the only reasonably sound “beam” I had is 3×4. However, it was a wonderfully dense heart Rimu. So, I denailed it (hard work – its from recycled buildings and taking out these 3 3/4” nails out of it is really hard) milled it to just under 3×3...
As you all know, Steve (daltxguy) is hosting some LJ’s for the weekend and will be using us as cheap slave labour to help him move a 6 Ton log of red beech that managed to get itself in the most inappropriate place. as we can’t just cut the forest and we have no hydraulics, we need to go back in time and find how people did this kind of things 1000s of years ago. After ruling out some great ideas (enslaving Australia, Importing elephants, using horses), we resorted to leverage....
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 266 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries