I gave up on finishing this checkerboard project in time for Christmas, and then I was out of commission with a bad chest cold for another three weeks. Once I was back to 100%, I got to work finishing my White Oak Bookcase project. Now it’s time I got this one back on track. The last thing I had done on this project was to glue up all the squares for the top. I did half of the board at a time and then used my biscuit joiner to join the two sections together. I put in some time ...
It was a good day in the garage. I need a few more like this one to keep me on track to finish this project and a few others before Christmas Eve. First I cut the pieces for the base frame, box sides, and the drawer fronts out of White Ash). Because I’m going to attempt dovetail joints for the first time on the box sides, I cut the sides by hand and jointed the edges by hand to make sure they were perfectly matched. My playing surface was about a quarter of an inch ove...
I had a long day volunteering at my daughter’s school, so I didn’t get to put in much time on the project today. I did manage to cut the frame for the checkerboard from the rest of the White Ash that I used for the lighter squares. It’s amazing how diverse the grain looks considering it all came from the same single 5”W x 12’L board. It would have been nice if it was all like the curly sections. Some of the straighter grained sections look kind of boring by...
First off, let me say that I started discussion of this project in my blog. I know realize that I should have used this Projects category but at the time I was doing a lot of SketchUp blogging and as things worked out it got posted in my blog just after I began planning it. The design is an amalgam of several pieces I saw and liked and it is to date the largest single piece I’ve attempted. I quickly realized that I had underestimated just about every aspect of the project includi...
So brief background is that about a 18 months ago, I bought a load of lumber off ebay. While there, I ended up also buying 350 BF of flatsawn white ash for $100. I figured, even if it ends up being ‘test’ pieces and shop projects, it would still be worth it. Fast forward to recently, and I’ve been planning to build a new bench, and I’ve pretty much decided on a Roubo. I picked up the lovely Benchcrafted tail/wagon vise, a german bench screw, and some holdfasts. ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1813 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1838 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 221 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- bandit571 - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries