All in all it was a great event with a lot of great entries. I would like to thank all those who participated in the 1st Annual Whirligig Wars Contest. When I presented the idea of holding a whirligig contest to Steve Ramsey (Woodworking For Mere Mortals) he and I agreed it would be a fun summer event. The response was overwhelming with over 6000 video views of the videos relating to the contest and many great comments from woodworkers all over. So it was decided early on that this would be ...
Well guys after 2 days I finished my first whirligig ” Man cutting wood with a Laguna Bandsaw. If you would like to be part of the Whirligig Wars Woodworking Contest. Visit A Simple Design of Ocala for more information or check out my blog entry “Whirligig Wars Project contest” here on Lumberjocks to watch the video.. Hosted by Steve Ramsey of woodworking for mere mortals and Myself with prizes from Laguna Tools, Woodworkers Guild of America, Rockler Woodworking, Steve R...
Here’s a peek at my entry for the 2014 Whirligig Wars. I’ve got a ways to go, but I think it’s really coming together well. EDIT The finished project can be seen here.
Oh yea! Time to kick off the summer with the 2nd Annual Whirligig Wars Woodworking Event. Spend that shop time preparing for battle and build a whirligig for the event. We have some great prizes this year from our Awesome Sponsors Laguna Tools Rockler Woodworking and HardwareWoodworkers Guild of AmericaMicro JigThe United Federation of Woodworkers Brought to you by A Simple Design of Ocala, Inc. & Woodworking for Mere Mortals You don’t want to miss this!! Here is a look ...
It’s that time of year once again. The 2nd Annual Whirligig Wars event is approaching! Woodworkers around the globe are beginning to construct their whimsical whirligigs with the hope of winning one of the great prizes this year. Whirligig Wars came to life last year when woodworkers across the globe battled it out and waged a war in wood. Due to it’s success Whirligig Wars has gained recognition from woodworkers and woodworking enthusiasts across the globe. In the Summer...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 107 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 420 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries