In my last video I showed you all the renovation of the old shop space, during that renovation, I made some recess cavities in one wall of the shop. In this video I walk you through the steps of making the recess shelf unit to go into those cavities. These recess shelves are not just for the shop, they can be used in the home as well! Add some glass shelves and you have a nice knick-knack display shelf, or use them around the home for any organizing needs.
26. I re-rounded some of them to fix the flatness. 27. I began cutting dovetails and half-blind dove tails by hand for the drawers. 28. I fitted them and sanded them flush. 29. I cut the bottom and back for the drawers with my table saw, cutting the panels and slots, and fine cut them with the shooting board. 30. Using my drill press I cut the circles for my drawer pulls and screwed them in. 31. I routed all along the inside of my box to fit the panels. 32. I planed everythi...
Here are the winners of the Christmas Box Build Off. If you would like to see all the entries please visit Christmas Box Build Off Contest
OK Guys and Girls The Christmas Box Build Off Entries are ready for your Vote. Voting is now Open! Voting Ends Friday December 7th, 2012 and the winners will be announced on Saturday December 8, 2012. Viewer and public votes will be added to the Judges Votes to determine the winners of the Build off.. Click the link below to go to the voting page. READ THE PAGE CONTENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING The Photo entries as well as the Video Responses are in no particular order. To vote Che...
Hey everyone, the contest has been going well and we have had entries from all over being submitted. There is still time to enter the contest and win some great prizes from Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, Laguna Tools, Woodworkers guild of America, A Simple Design of Ocala and the United Federation of Woodworkers. The Contest ends December 3rd, 2012. Here is a look at the contest entries to date.
Just finished applying 3 coats of rub on poly to all the animals! once they are dry I’ll get a final pic of the animals with the Ark and post that in projects! Till then, here are two pics of the animals. Woods used are padauk, black walnut, yellowheart, red cedar, ash, aspen, basswood, wenge, and beechnut.
Check out my website for my first little blog post http://joshhallfurniture.weebly.com/blog.html Thanks Josh Hall
Just a reminder guys and gals. There is still plenty of time to enter the Christmas Box Build off which ends December 3, 2012. You can enter the contest by submitting a photo of your jewelry box or keepsake box to Contest@asimpledesignofocala.com or a video entry by posting a video response to the video in the link below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aKAus5OogE There is a chance to win some great prizes from Laguna Tools , Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, Woodworkers Guild of ...
I went out to a CL posting to grab some 8/4 walnut yesterday and found that the guy had a TON of other stuff that he was looking to get rid of. With a quick handshake, I was headed home with the truck loaded down! List:8/4 Walnut4/4 Walnut8/4 Ash8/4 White Oak8/4 Red Oak8/4 Birds-eye Maple10/4 Honduran Mahogany8/4 Honduran Mahogany4/4 Honduran Mahogany10/4 Figured Birch8/4 Figured Sapele8/4 Dark Mystery Wood (likely Wenge)8/4 Redish Mystery Wood (looks like Mahogany but doesn’t appea...
Just a quick update on the Christmas Box Build Off contest from A Simple Design of Ocala. In this video I talk about the prizes and categories.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1183 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1205 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- MsDebbieP - 299 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 292 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 201 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- shipwright - 159 entries
- scottb - 144 entries