This Week I show you how to make a folding out feed table for your table saw. This design was based after an article and plan found in a 2009 issue of Woodworker’s Journal Magazine. Originally the plan was designed for a Cabinet saw with a Biesemeyer Fence System, so I had to make some slight modifications for my Porter Cable Saw. In this 3 part video series I show you a step by step on building this project as well as talk about the modifications I had to make. The Article and plans ca...
This is a project from a Fine Woodworking article. Sept/Oct 2009 #207, page 70 by Garrett Hack. I am learning how to do inlay. So far I have found that sharp tools are a must. Good light with a magnifying glass are necessary for my relatively old eyes. This is small detail work. I started with a drawing to determine dimensions for an inlay on the top face of a table leg.After I was happy with the drawing, I carefully laid out the dimensions and cut the recess 1/8” deep. Most of the...
When it comes to shop storage, these simple shelves are an easy and versatile way to get your shop organized..Construction of the shelves is a breeze, and they can be designed to fit your storage needs
In my last video I showed you all the renovation of the old shop space, during that renovation, I made some recess cavities in one wall of the shop. In this video I walk you through the steps of making the recess shelf unit to go into those cavities. These recess shelves are not just for the shop, they can be used in the home as well! Add some glass shelves and you have a nice knick-knack display shelf, or use them around the home for any organizing needs.
26. I re-rounded some of them to fix the flatness. 27. I began cutting dovetails and half-blind dove tails by hand for the drawers. 28. I fitted them and sanded them flush. 29. I cut the bottom and back for the drawers with my table saw, cutting the panels and slots, and fine cut them with the shooting board. 30. Using my drill press I cut the circles for my drawer pulls and screwed them in. 31. I routed all along the inside of my box to fit the panels. 32. I planed everythi...
Here are the winners of the Christmas Box Build Off. If you would like to see all the entries please visit Christmas Box Build Off Contest
OK Guys and Girls The Christmas Box Build Off Entries are ready for your Vote. Voting is now Open! Voting Ends Friday December 7th, 2012 and the winners will be announced on Saturday December 8, 2012. Viewer and public votes will be added to the Judges Votes to determine the winners of the Build off.. Click the link below to go to the voting page. READ THE PAGE CONTENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING The Photo entries as well as the Video Responses are in no particular order. To vote Che...
Hey everyone, the contest has been going well and we have had entries from all over being submitted. There is still time to enter the contest and win some great prizes from Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, Laguna Tools, Woodworkers guild of America, A Simple Design of Ocala and the United Federation of Woodworkers. The Contest ends December 3rd, 2012. Here is a look at the contest entries to date.
Just finished applying 3 coats of rub on poly to all the animals! once they are dry I’ll get a final pic of the animals with the Ark and post that in projects! Till then, here are two pics of the animals. Woods used are padauk, black walnut, yellowheart, red cedar, ash, aspen, basswood, wenge, and beechnut.
Check out my website for my first little blog post http://joshhallfurniture.weebly.com/blog.html Thanks Josh Hall
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1267 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1289 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries