I made a simple framed tray to hold some glass candle holders. Click here to see my video. Let me know what you think. Thank you Paul Pomerleau
- Making a Slab Coffee Table I have a very nice walnut slab that I plan to make into a coffee table. I am happy to say that flattening a slab of wood with a router in my shop was even easier that I thought it would be! Not only was it easy, but the results were great! This is one of those tasks where an adjustable height workbench came in very handy because setting it to a very low height made it easier to move the router across the slab. The slab is a slice out of a tree, some p...
Here is a video I just finished on Center Keyed Box Joints. One of the harder things about box joints is getting an equal sized key on both the top and the bottom. Here I show how to get equal sized keys regardless of the height of your board or the width of your dado stack. It is a really cool way to do the joints and the result is as decorative as it is functional. If you like this video and want to get updates on my future projects please subscribe to my Youtube Channel. You can also see 1...
Hi, I’m a Swedish part time cabinetmaker. This is the first time I can present a “proper” documentation of a project. Enjoy :) https://youtu.be/-RKHqrMsfjY
I’m just getting this blog post started so it already set up, but in the next 6 months I should have everything up and running for me to build wooden boats for people. I’ll be starting out with some strip built kayaks and canoes most likely. In all actuality I have no idea what people are going to want. I plan on just getting the word out and let people come to me so we can sit down and draw up exactly what they want. After I’ve got a good thing going I will start cold moldi...
We’ll its finally finished. I’ve been busy since my last entry, but I kept pecking away at it. I had some issue with the finishing. I had the top all done, and decided to add one more coat. I had wet sanded it down with 400, and wiped on the final coat. The coat did not cover like when I was brushing it on, so I let it dry for 6 hour and brushed on what I thought would be the final coat. When I came back, the finish had bubbled in several spots. So, back to sanding. I...
My son asked me to make him a chess set. I used his request as a long awaited excuse to buy a lathe and learn to turn wood. This chess set was my first experiment. There are 7 videos so far in the series. Pawns: https://youtu.be/UkUebt6lGNc Rooks: https://youtu.be/QbpCcqfV40w Bishops: https://youtu.be/U2gRbqZxhAo Knights: https://youtu.be/ByJ6N10F7VI Queens: https://youtu.be/gKTjNT9QCb4 Kings: https://youtu.be/_5RzpgGJTsg Finishing Part 1: https://youtu.be/CUl8wjUH...
This blog entry is a continuation of an earlier blog post titled Making Two Sets of Heirloom Saws: The Gent's Saw and The Table Saw. The making of these saws is an ideal topic for a blog series, but I unfortunately didn’t think of that when I made the original post. I’ve now turned this into a series, but there is no way to go back and incorporate the original post into the series. That is why this post shows as #1 of the series even though it is about the third saws in the sets....
Hello Everybody,Here is part 3 to my Garrett Hack inspired table build. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To9wK5_FAiA
Hello everybody,Here is part 2 to my Garrett Hack inspired table build. Here is a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjNNGNRA9ts
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1768 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1793 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 199 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries