This is announcing a new build series for a chisel cabinet, which I am also going to giving away to one lucky viewer! The build series of this cabinet will be located here:http://www.simplecove.com/guild/chisel-cabinet/A sign up form for the Simplecove.com Guild can be found at the same page To learn how to win this chisel cabinet, please go here:http://www.simplecove.com/giveaway/ Link to Sean’s You Tube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmlRWK6jRFi2No_gDBDjwow As al...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yv2FB-qURs Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDdAhpPCok Thanks for watching, I hope you like it! Disclaimer: I’m not sure but I’d imagine there will be some Safety Sally comments about the placement of my stop when I’m cutting the tongues. Please trust me, I’m comfortable and know the limits of my saw and I respect it, in this situation it was acceptable because I was taking off such a small amount of material
So far this project has been an excellent learning process, when it came time to finishing that was no exception. The client was looking for a “super glossy” look to the box. I decided to use a tung oil from Lee valley. The process was very simple. The lid to the humidor has some very fine figure to it so I wont up sanding it to 800 grit to remove all sanding marks. The rest of the box I sanded to 500 grit. I applied a thick first coat and let it soak in for about 10 minu...
After getting the headboard finished, I started on the side rails. I’d been thinking throughout the process about a way to get the mortises for the hardware into the end of the side rails, and I hadn’t come up with anything. I was trying to avoid routing sideways, which seemed absurdly dangerous, difficult, and generally a Bad Idea with my heavy router. If I had one of those lighter compact plunge routers I might have considered it, but my Ridgid router weighs a heck of a lot and ...
A little progress update here. I lined the box with spanish cedar, starting with the bottom then the walls and finally the lid. I’m quite happy with how it turned out all pieces are a tight fit and held in place with a couple dots of epoxy. After getting the box lined I fine tuned the fit using my no.5 1/2 which worked really well, better than expected. Time to get the lid attached, thanks to some excellent advice: Well, she s looking good so far! A couple of tips in de...
Here’s what I decided to make, more or less. I drew up some plans. I followed them pretty closely, but did change a few thicknesses of some of the stretchers. I red-lined them and will save them fro later. Plan of the chair back.Plan of the chair seat/legs, from the top.I glued up some blanks for the chair seats. Some people don’t like the “mismatch” of hickory, but I absolutely love it. The more contrast, the better, I think.I cut out two templates (the second o...
I started on the headboard, naturally, with milling (and milling, and milling) the various parts down to just larger than their final size. I neglected to take a picture of my wood pile before I started, so you’ll have to use your imagination and picture this pile about eight boards high by two across. This picture is after I got done with the headboard pieces: I had to get parts for the two posts, a bottom rail, and an upper and lower rail for the panels at the top of the headbo...
New Vintage 20" BandSaw Project, Rust Removal & Biesemeyer Fence Install #2: Restore & Install biesemeyer fence on the BandSaw
Be sure to check out the first part of this series where I get the saw & refurbish it… The old biesemeyer fence I am using was originally off a powermatic table saw. The shop I got it from had it set up on a saw that was used strictly for running dados. For that they cut the rails short & it only had a 18” rip capacity which worked out great for this bandsaw because I would have felt bad having to cut the rails down my self. I always feel bad modifying old vintage stuff, I...
New Vintage 20" BandSaw Project, Rust Removal & Biesemeyer Fence Install #1: rust removal on cast iron top & refurbish action multiple videos
Video links below… Recently I purchased an older 20” bandsaw. I need a larger bandsaw that can handle anything I throw at it.. I think I found that in a mid 70’s Rockwell 20” wood cutting bandsaw. It probably came out of a school wood shop. The motor is 2hp, it has two speeds which can be adjusted with the belt, it has already been upgraded with carter guides, this big boy saw weighs over 600 lbs. I made several videos regarding this saw which i’ll post below. ...
A friend asked me to make a humidor for him after seeing some of my other projects. Having never made one, of course I said yes.Started off with a simple rabbit joint for the box frame. Added some maple trim on the corners and brought it down flush with my no.5 1/2 Added a walnut ply in a rabbit to the top and bottom Next up the top and bottom caps at 3/8” thick This walnut crotch is from a 4/4 chunk that I book matched to give it a subtle nod to a tobacc...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1751 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Toy costruction - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1776 entries
- dbhost - 428 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 250 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 217 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 192 entries