Below the coffered panels are the skirt panels. These were in better shape than the coffered panels and had a “rope” mould along the top edge. The rope mould was mostly new construction, ( poorly done ) and was replaced with new mould that I ran and distressed. It started to look like this was at least the second installation of these panels because some of them were cobbled together and mis-matched. It became easy to find where they originally belonged, because their length match...
Winter has arrived here in Nova Scotia. While we had a bit of snow just in time for the Christmas holiday, it only lasted for two days and was just enough to make it look pretty. Even then though, the air was warm and calm. This morning however, we awoke to a blanket of white and biting winds. As I write now, there are large flakes of snow accumulating and everything around is grey. The air is bitter, too and for the first time we need to dress in layers. But I am ready. For the ...
Hi There! I for one, really like the way brass looks with a rich background of mahogany or dark oak. I also love engraved brasswork. This morning as I drank my morning six-pack of diet coke, I was checking my regulars and came across a link to a person who does steampunk stuff and had a procedure to do brass etchings of anything you can photocopy. It’s relatively simple, and can be done with materials you can get at the borgs. Below is the photocopy “negative” (le...
We built this project the first part of 2007. The house was built in the late 1800’s and is on the National Historical Registry. Its was kitchen, pantry, butlery and small office combined. The case’s were out of UV Maple with poplar frames and doors. All the drawers are dovetailed hard maple finished clear with Blum under mount slides. The crown was in three pieces, the reeded lower portion had X’s that were routed in with a jig. Pieces were then glued in and then carved...
First, let me say that this project was not an historical renovation. I tried to approach it that way as much as I could, but we did not have an unlimited budget and the client wanted the job done as soon as possible. Ok. I will start at the top and work my way down.Below is one of the few pieces of the original crown that survived. I believe that the original ceiling must have leaked, or been damp, because the crown and coffered panels needed allot of work. We did not have the time t...
My neighbor and new buddy Paul has been teaching me how to do dowel joints, pretty fun. I am new to wood working so I am very appreciative when someone can demonstrate their skills for me. I am currently building a wooden, Victorian-style, (vintage) baby gate for our stairs. I am trying to match my current stair rail and baluster look-and-feel. I bought some Hemlock balusters, shoe rail/fillets and a nice hand rail. I’ve conditioned, and stained it to match, and so far it looks good....
Hey guys, so I have been away for awhile, but I am all settled into my new place, cut off 14 inches of hair, sold a car, bought a motorcycle, got promoted on my job and ready to start woodworking again in my new garage. I am about to start on a “settee” I called it a couch, but I was corrected… LOL not much on fancy names… Any tips to look out for? This is going to be something that is used regularly…. so delicate is not good – any support bracing ideas?...
OK we are out of the clamps with our project and we level the legs. Next we do a little more finish sanding and spray our finish. *Note one thing I forgot on the video I buy adhesive backed felt and put on the bottom of the feet to ad that “Pro” touch to it. Enjoy and if any would not mind doing me favor, how about leaving some reviews on iTunes for me. Thanks In Advance, Huck
After a little reading I have run across the name of Dirk Boelman, “proably the most talented and productive designer and developer of fretwork patterns today”. You can do a Google search and find lots of information about him or go the The Art Factory web site and see (or purchase) his patterns. as I continue to research and resource the area of Victorian Fretwork it seems that there is a lot in good information out there.
We cut this tree down in Feb and just got the video done. We slabed the burl and the logs in to counter top blanks and table blanks. We used my 088 stihl with a 36” and 72” bar. Also for the slabbing used the the 60” lucas mill slabber. The pic below the vid are 12’ slabs of the log. Enjoy and thanks for watchingGregwww.oregonburls.com
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1265 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1287 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries