After a month of development based on the feedback I got here, I finally managed to release Carpenter Pro, this time, it calculates how many plywood sheets are needed to finish your project and get detailed cutlist diagram for each stock sheet needed. It allows you to specify the dimensions & grain direction for your stock sheets material, specify the dimensions and the required grain direction for each part you need to cut for your project, and set the kerf amount, then watch this app ge...
This is what the completed bed will look like. These are the spokes for the 48” back wheels. This is the rim for the front wheels. These are the front wheels. Front and back wheels. The radius at the bottom of the spokes was cut on the table saw by locking down the miter gauge and pushing the wood into the blade from the side and it was done in 4 passes. We used an 8” dado blade. This is the back of the wheel where the axle will go into Ne...
I made a great deal of progress yesterday in my ornaments. I am truly happy with them so far and I look forward to finishing them up today. I finished cutting the final two by around noon, and I also remembered to take step-by-step pictures of the final one so that I can include them in the instructions. That is something that I sometimes forget about when doing projects such as this. I am so engrossed with seeing if things will work out as I planned, that I forget to do the obvious. ...
Well guys after 2 days I finished my first whirligig ” Man cutting wood with a Laguna Bandsaw. If you would like to be part of the Whirligig Wars Woodworking Contest. Visit A Simple Design of Ocala for more information or check out my blog entry “Whirligig Wars Project contest” here on Lumberjocks to watch the video.. Hosted by Steve Ramsey of woodworking for mere mortals and Myself with prizes from Laguna Tools, Woodworkers Guild of America, Rockler Woodworking, Steve R...
My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #574: Valentine Ornaments are Just About Finished!
I had another good day yesterday, and pretty much finished the work on the new Valentine ornaments I was working on. I am happy to report that I didn’t even break any of the small pieces while I was sanding them and cleaning them up. All the scrollers out there know what a plus that is when doing something like this. It seems that sometimes breaking off small pieces is just part of the project at times. I find when I do break stuff, that the new Gorilla wood glue is excellent for...
My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #24: Finished 3 Frames, Wrote Some Instructions, and Made Some Pizza :P
Yesterday turned out to be one of those days where the clock must have been spinning double-time. It seemed I got an early enough start, but before long the sun was setting and it was over. It is amazing how some days do that. It just seems that time is not always my friend. Besides the normal Saturday ‘chores’ of cleaning the cat box, kitchen and bathroom and doing some food shopping, I had the most intense craving for Chicago-style pizza. Now Nova Scotia has some of the be...
I never for a moment think that I have all the answers. In fact, I often think that the day I stop learning will be the day I take my last breath here on Earth. Sometimes learning something is an entirely new experience. We see something fresh and new and it is exciting to learn about it and expand our knowledge. We have a feeling of pride and accomplishment as we learn these new things, and it makes us feel great. Other times, we re-learn something that we knew in the past, but over ...
I was asked to take these shutters and make some bookshelves. I will be utilizing wood that is approx. 60 yrs old and these shutters, which, we don’t know how old, but could be much more. I am inserting the pictures of the shutters, as this project may take a little while
This was an interesting project that I worked on a few years ago. The photo above show the panels in the original room at Henwood Priory, Warwickshire, England. It is the only thing I had to go on. One wall had a fireplace that someone must have blacked out before the auction because it was not part of the sale.( a note: the photos that I use in this blog are rather large so you can see some of the detail. just click on them to see the whole photo and click again to see them actual size )...
Throughout the week of still catching up and making videos and probably thinking a bit too much, I did manage to complete my first project(s) for my submissions to the magazine for their Holiday issue. Last year I was fortunate enough to have several different projects and ornaments accepted. Between my partner Keith and myself we were well represented. I believe that it was my all time high as far as number of projects published with four. This year because of many reasons, I am only ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1768 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1793 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 199 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries