Hello all, check out my latest video Elegant Lamp Build Pt.1 on YouTube. Pt. 2 will be released next week. The idea came from FW magazine issue 222. The article was written by Christian Becksvoort. My lamp was built using Birdseye Maple. This was a fun project to make. Hope you enjoy the video. Don’t forget to Like, Share, Comment, and Subscribe. Thanks for your support. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-sc4jBMe0
After my grandmother passed away this fall her children decided to sell her property, including my grandfathers old workshop. He and his brother built boats and furniture there, and although most of the tools are gone, there was an old massive glue press up on the attic. I guess the sheer size have scared anyone from taking it. It was six wooden frames of 4×4 timber, with 4 screws in each frame. Luckily I discovered that the frames was not attached to each other, as I always assumed (as ...
I have sleep apnea and currently just use a simple stand for my CPAP machine. I thought is would be wise to build a nightstand to put it in to help reduce the noise of the pump hum to help give my wife a good nights sleep as well so I designed a nightstand to contain my CPAP machine in a felt lined area to make it virtually sound proof as well as a drawer to contain all the spares and bits and bobs. Have a look.
All right! Last time I was done with the marquetry and I had done the mastic on them. I glued them down with Hide Glue and cleaned with called water the paper that hold the pieces from the front with Hot Hide Glue. When all the paper is gone with just cold water, I use one of those green scrubs to clean of the rest of the glue. As there is never a project without at least one f**k up, one of my marquetry panel did slide during veneering. Fortunately, the use of...
Here you can find all the link to the Maritime show. I featured as the spot light on Jan 3 7:oopm EST come check it out. http://www.mfwoodshop.com/2015/01/the-woodworkers-weekend-shop-talk/#more-720
I’ve had some time off for the holidays, and I’m making good progress. I ordered some quarter sawn cherry veneer from OVIS along with soft close drawer slides. A friend loaned me his vacuum pump and I vacuum bagged the veneer to 1/4” birch plywood with West Systems epoxy. I’m used to working with epoxy from my modeling experience. I just pour the epoxy onto the plywood, and squeegee it around with one of the wife’s credit cards. You end up just wetting the...
I wanted to replace the missing handle on my Stanley scraper plane. The project should be a simple turning task if I only know what the key dimensions are. I gave up searching on the net after months of Google without success. Fortunately I was able to get my hands on several examples of the handle. I believe that the handles were hand turned, each one has some minor variance. Attached is a drawing of handle with dimensions for Lumberjocks’ future reference. Hopefully, it will sav...
It’s been a while since my last woodworking project, so I’m easing back into the groove with a new file cabinet. I have a piece of junk tin cabinet in my home office that squeaks every time I open and close it. I did some serving trays in Cherry, and really liked working with it, so my new file cabinet will be Cherry. I found a photo online and liked the style so I sketched it up in Sketchup and AutoCAD. The legs are 1 3/4” x 1 3/4” and the rest of the frame is 1&...
After almost a month away in Europe, London and France, I am back and working on the boxes again. It was really nice to go back home as I haven’t been able to do so for 4 years. It was also nice to be back, through away the jacket and sweater, an put on the flip flops. Well, regarding the boxes. When I came back I put the already cut bone leaves in green dye and while waiting to feel up the holes in the marquetry, I started working on the inside of the boxes....
11 months ago it was decided we would have new years on our new deck that was only built a month before. So we decided on the spur of the moment to build a bar From there the bar seems to have taken on a life of its own. It no longer an out door bar, it is fully enclosed and water proofed... which in it self was a challenge once was water proofed we got power added so the bar fridge and TV, lights and accessories. The french doors we made at my work and got them installed once they went up...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1750 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Toy costruction - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1775 entries
- dbhost - 428 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 250 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 217 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 192 entries