I had the opportunity to listen to a lecture by Thomas Pafk – a Roycroft Master Artisan about his work and methods of construction. His work is made unique buy his use of veneers in its design and construction. I wrote about the tlk in this post on my blog. Thanks for readng!
Hi all, been quiet on my own stuff lately mostly because I’ve been busy trying to figure out how I’m going to do this particular project. The project (as seen below) is a Knick-Knack shelf that resembles a window with a mirrored back. The only part keeping me puzzled it how I will do the curved front. Here is a pic of the sample I got off of Google: The original was painted/milk paint maybe, but I’m going for African Mahogany. Not sure how everything is going to w...
Download PDF Instructions to Build Your Own Vacuum Press Bag Stoarge Container
Last one in the series!
Watch the Video
Watch the Video
Apologies in advance for the duplicate posting of these veneering videos! I have been asked by one of our woodworking superheros to re-post this series for the Lumberjocks Cyber Skill Share Series of Videos.
Well, I completed my journey and this is my story. I decided to use the maple veneer Karson gave me for the border of the chest board. Here is a picture of it taped up from the back: The next task was to completely tape the seams with the three hole tape as seen here: This was a somewhat tedious job because of all the seams. I felt that the mitered corners came out quite well and I was getting excited about finishing the process of gluing it up. I did a test piece with some ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1296 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 101 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1318 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries