Download PDF Instructions to Build Your Own Vacuum Press Bag Stoarge Container
Last one in the series!
Watch the Video
Watch the Video
Apologies in advance for the duplicate posting of these veneering videos! I have been asked by one of our woodworking superheros to re-post this series for the Lumberjocks Cyber Skill Share Series of Videos.
Well, I completed my journey and this is my story. I decided to use the maple veneer Karson gave me for the border of the chest board. Here is a picture of it taped up from the back: The next task was to completely tape the seams with the three hole tape as seen here: This was a somewhat tedious job because of all the seams. I felt that the mitered corners came out quite well and I was getting excited about finishing the process of gluing it up. I did a test piece with some ...
Well, cutting veneer has been a challenge for me. No matter what I’ve tried, I haven’t found a way to do it and get a nice fit. I’ve tried using the veneering saw, a knife and even sissors. The sissors worked suprisingly well during some test cuts on burl, but not so well on straighter grained samples. I tried using a board for a straight edge and tried cutting with my miter saw by sandwiching a piece between two pieces of plywood. This worked, o.k., but not good enough...
As Debbie mentioned in our latest eMag issue – on Sunday, July 8th, David will be hosting our very first LJ Chat. The topic of discussion will be Veneering. David posted excellent tutorial series Beginner's Guide - The Vacuum Press & Veneering recently so feel free to go through it before the chat. Date: Sunday, July 8, 2007Time: 3-5 PM EDT Click here to enter the chat roomChat room will be opened on July 8 at 3 PM EST(Note that the chat room is currently limited to 10...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1197 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1219 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries