Hello everyone,The router station is finished and the video is now on YouTube. The build was pretty simple and it incorporates the new Dowelmax Router Lift System. We will be releasing another video soon showing the router lift installation more in depth. Check out the video. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82VL7jL2ss
Last time I posted I had glued down the boxes bodies with the inside already french polished I worked on gluing the marquetry panels to the trimmed to size lid My favorite moment is when you see it glued down right way up for the first time, it appears slowly while you remove the paper This glueing of the marquetry on both side had to be precise has they had to be perfectly centered as well as the right way up as when you open the box the owner will appreciate to g...
For the marquetry I needed to figure out a few obstacles before starting the real marquetry for the top. This practice piece is 23” wide x 33” long, this ellipse is much smaller then the top at 60” x 80” The practice piece I simplified the design down to just one tree with the sky, grass, bank, sand, and water. So far it has taken me about three weeks to finally get to this stage and finishing the practice piece. Finding the right veneers and almost redrawi...
Looking for some insight, on veneer finish versus solid. The pro and con’s to them, and some helpful techniques. Never used veneer and looking to experiment with it soon.
Having had my “road to Damascus” moment, the realisation dawned on me that although I had just had a world beating business idea; I in fact had absolutely no way in which to achieve its fruition. After all, here was I with no tools at all, other than a very worn Phillips screwdriver, a decrepit claw hammer, a knock-off 12mm Marples “blue” bevelled chisel (with sides that could only be described as having been ground using the kerb) and a rather cheap and nasty ¼” drive socket set missing the ...
It’s finally finished! In this video I perform the final assembly of the secretary. I install the tambours and handles, the backs, and the drawer hardware. Yes, I did end up going with the larger pulls. There were some very good points made about the larger and smaller pulls. However in the end, it boiled down to my beautiful wife making the final decision. A nice coat of wax and it’s complete! Thanks to everyone who watched and supported me during this build! As always, I welcome your com...
In this video, I have a nice piece of figured walnut, and resaw it to make book matched drawer fronts. These pieces get laminated to another piece of walnut. I also make a small frame for the hutch to rest on the top, and make the top. And of course, everything gets inlay!As always, I welcome your questions and comments! http://youtu.be/yXvMV4aHAIc
Hello everyone, Part two of our video Build an elegant all wood lamp is now on YouTube. Make sure to watch part one also. The lamp is based on one made by Fine Woodworking in issue 222. It was a fun project to build. Make sure you subscribe to our channel. When you subscribe you are automatically notified when we release a new video. Thank you for watching & support. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBPg8xLfh4
Hello all, check out my latest video Elegant Lamp Build Pt.1 on YouTube. Pt. 2 will be released next week. The idea came from FW magazine issue 222. The article was written by Christian Becksvoort. My lamp was built using Birdseye Maple. This was a fun project to make. Hope you enjoy the video. Don’t forget to Like, Share, Comment, and Subscribe. Thanks for your support. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-sc4jBMe0
After my grandmother passed away this fall her children decided to sell her property, including my grandfathers old workshop. He and his brother built boats and furniture there, and although most of the tools are gone, there was an old massive glue press up on the attic. I guess the sheer size have scared anyone from taking it. It was six wooden frames of 4×4 timber, with 4 screws in each frame. Luckily I discovered that the frames was not attached to each other, as I always assumed (as ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1561 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1586 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries