At three o’clock in the morning my brain usually wakes up. It then starts to worry about random things. In an effort to stop this keeping me awake for the rest of the night I generally give it something real to worry about. Like how on Earth do I perform EZ Mitre on a box with only 17mm of contact at each corner. To illustrate The four black corners at the top have joints 17 mm long to the sides. Scary. This seemed to be enough to divert my waking mind. Well it said you’ve ...
Well the top pattern was successful and now I have this board which I need to attach the black, outside layer to. The finally visible pattern part of this board is, with the board flat like this, a square of 116 mm sides. So I cut a piece of 18 mm MDF to this size. The arc patterns emerge out of this area mid-way along each side and the three arcs total 24mm wide. So I marked 24 mm midway along each side of the square. These marks, when aligned with the arcs on all four s...
The board from yesterday’s glue up was a success To trim this to size I cut the inner hexagon out of the paper plan. I cut through the alignment marks at the edge, flipped it and lined it up over the pattern. Using the same scalpel blade marking trick to define the outline. I then joined up the marks with scalpel and ruler. Finally cutting all the way through ( its only two layers of veneer and a core of MDF, after all). This sat nicely on the top of the side...
The board came out of glue-up OK...First thing to do, trim the excess off the bottom edge...Now the vertical rounded pillars. They were going to be Ebony but such was the dye success with the black that I decided to opt for dyed Sycamore. This is English Sycamore, which is a creamy white, not it’s American cousin...I cut the above wide enough to do both sides of a box corner and rounded both edges. Then dyed them up...The sun came out. For a moment I thought I wasn’t in England an...
Placing the apron on the veneered chess surface.First you sand the edge of the chess surface to make all edges smooth. Then you select the veneer that you want for the aprons. I selected Bees Wing Eucalyptus from Dons’ and Tony Wards and other’s country Australia. I cut the sheets with enough length to allow for a full overlap on the outside edge. I am taping them to the surface with the back side up. I place the apron veneer all the way around I turn it over and tape all of the s...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1791 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 114 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1816 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries