Last time I posted I had glued down the boxes bodies with the inside already french polished I worked on gluing the marquetry panels to the trimmed to size lid My favorite moment is when you see it glued down right way up for the first time, it appears slowly while you remove the paper This glueing of the marquetry on both side had to be precise has they had to be perfectly centered as well as the right way up as when you open the box the owner will appreciate to g...
Hello,I have a job. Build a box and the lid veneer two letters.The letters should float above the surface. The box has a simple construction.The focus is the marquetry on the lid. My sketch is not good. It shows about how the box should look like. The motif design and draw. Motif on transparent drawing paper First, you need the shadow on the paper.For that I need a template. The shadows do I do with a flame. The shadows are done. Motif on the back of the veneer. Mirror...
Hello,March 2013 to October 2013, I built my cupboard. Construction period, around 150 hours.I love the black French polish and make them like her. For this purpose, the tin, which I have poured.If the cabinet is opened, it changes its appearance completely. I have all the surfaces with “Golden Madrona” veneer. This is one of my favorite pieces.The pictures are self-explanatory. Here you can see the video on YouTube for presentation. http://youtu.be/WB_SVeRhI-s Greetings Uwe ...
With those and of year year festivities, I still have been able to advance a bit this project, between making macarons with my wife for the end of the year gifts for our friends And also, after a snow fall due to a cold front coming from Canada, a little bit of playing in the snow in the mountains with my wife, like any San Diegan. I finished to put together the marquetry panels. The bone where finally dyed I inserted those last pieces in the top and sides ...
Dear friends with LumberJocks!
So for the box itself, this is the basic sketchup model for what I’m going for. I am trying to model this after one of “RogerBean’s” projects, hi maple burl box. However I am adding a drawer into it so it will differentiate a little bit from his process. The hardest part will be the two meet ups of two curves that occurs on the front of the box. After some thinking, I came up with some basic dimensions and my thought process for how I was going to be able to add in...
So the first part of this is the fact that I needed a vacuum press to really get the results that I wanted. I did a lot of reading on the joewoodworker site and decided on the excel1 continuous run system. It came in the mail yesterday and get everything set up and sealed off. The next step for me is working on making the vacuum bag. I bought 30mil vinyl from the veneer suppliers website. I have the glue for the vinyl and the roller and the valve stem now I just need to get things asse...
Well, the bike is still down. Managed to fix my starting issue, but now it doesn’t hold idle. It’s always something. With modern diagnostics, I can check/change fueling and many other parameters with a laptop. The laptop was out to upload a new map, but unfortunately it isn’t going to help my idle issue. That’s more of a mechanical problem I believe. Unfortunately for these projects, that means that I still can’t do any work in the garage. That means I nee...
Unlike my previous blog posts, I intend to actually finish this series. Apologies to anyone who was left hanging until the project was posted on previous ones. Here goes nothing… These projects will be a bit more complicated than previous work that I’ve done. Additionally, these will be my first experience into working with Hot Hide Glue. I was able to pick up a Hold Heet glue pot and some hide glue from someone used for only $35. The first box that I will be making is going...
For those who follow this thread, you know we have been struggling on dying bone. We may have found the solution, at least one of them. Here is a test piece that seems to be dyed all the way through To help the dye to penetrate all the way through the bone I decided to dye the pieces already cut. I had my papers already prepared from the start waiting for the solution The intended green bone pieces were highlighted in green (of course) on the drawing. I cut ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1562 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1587 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries