I’ve been living in the natural world of Rivers Inlet, British Columbia my whole life and I’ve never found anything that astounded me more than this. As a beachcomber, when I find a slide it’s a perfect treasure for me to sift through but what I found the day I came across this slide, completely blew my mind. At first sight, the log was a beautiful old growth red cedar – already a gem in itself. But once I started milling, the unique treasure I discovered within ...
Youtube blog for this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAaiTRtSetk&feature=youtu.be Clock ” The House of the Time”. “von Einik family style”, pine, cedar, ceramics, woodfinish – beeswax, and the real Chinese clockwork. Without many words – everything is clear on the photos. Enjoy! Pictures a...
The idea of making this simple and natural by it’s natural aging properties was originated after looking the photos, which were made in the expedition in the rare Orthodox areas of the far Russia. I made the photos of natural and many centuries’ terms of the wood aging on the Kizhi isle, Republic of Karelia, people started to live here in 10th century, started to live with slavonic people. There are very many monuments of the wooden craft, still have them now in the good quality. Their Orthod...
So after making my wooden bracelets, I decided I wanted to use the same method to make a watch. Due to the materials I had at hand, I ended up using a different method to make the watch than I did the bracelets. 1. Draw up a pattern. (I used CORELDraw to design mine) 2. Select Material – I went with 1/4” thick red oak flatstock. 3. Trace or use spray adhesive to attach pattern to blanks. 4. Drill link holes (I clamped mine between 2 1/2” pieces to make easier to...
Ancientwood, Ltd. has been selected to supply a 7 foot Ancient Kauri table for ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! This event is taking place in South Range, Wisconsin, August 3-10. Ancientwood is very excited to have this inspiring opportunity and are pleased to be able to contribute to this deserving family.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1782 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1807 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 235 entries
- Dave Rutan - 228 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries