It has been awhile since I have updated the progress on some of our projects. Here is the limb and base, they are both sanded. The limb is ready to be scribe fitted to the base.
Here is the larger coffee table base. Ready to be sprayed. We will spray them with Satin Polycrylic and most likely have to flip it upside down and spray the bottome with couple of coats and when that is dry, flip it back over and do the top part.
The creative process of building the supports for the glass top took longer than expected, but then again we always expect the unexepected, so then again we did expect it. Hahaha did that make sense? Anyway here it is, we are hoping to spray them tomorrow and sunday if the wind does not blow like mad.
We have had many requests for coffee tables, so we are making them as fast as we can. We plan on making 2 more coffee tables and I think the next two will have glass tops, anyway here is the project that I am working on. This table has a “sweeping” movement to it. I had a request to make on that was similar to a coffee table table I posted on here. Well this is as close as I can get. We will also have to add a couple of legs so that it will stand without sitting on a base ...
Juniper Log Table with Stone Inlay Burled Cottonwood Top #3: Ready to sand the first stage of stone inlay
Here is how the table looks right now. Everything is bolted together, the branch pedestal, cottonwood base and cottonwood top have been bolted together. My husband has finished the first step in setting the stone inlay, we now need to sand down the stone so that is is smooth, then add a finer stone to fill in the gaps.
Here is a coffee table that we are currently working on, this is one of those juniper pieces that we have had laying around forever and it has finally manifested into a neat little coffee table. It will stand aroun 19” tall This table will have a burled cottonwood top and the juniper branch base will be sitting on a cottonwood base as well. This top is almost kidney/bean shaped and has 4 hearts, this will have malachite stone inlay. Sanding off the gold color an...
In one of my previous blogs I had mentioned how we sometimes come across a piece of wood that we have no idea what we are going to do with it. Well this is one of the. We didnt think we would be able to run a cord becuase it was so thin. Well Tim has got this piece well on its way to becoming a lamp. (Never mind the dust on the walls, we are working on getting this dust problem fixed) These two pictures are after he has shaped the rough edges and is getting ready to sandblast. The l...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 419 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries