...what do you all think ?....
Hey everyone, I was asked by a few of you from my blog “How to find legal burls” “once I get them how do I cut the burls”? Well I just made a short vidio on how I cut to the burl in the context of a bowl or hollow form blank. Please coment and add if I don’t cover it well. If you not want to go thru the hassle of finding and cutting your own you can alway buy from me. LOLThanksGreg Thanks Todd on the tip for getting the video on this post.
..glued and nailed...
In this episode I use a template to cut out a design for the top part of the side panels. Then I talk about jointery for the shelvs and then I cut the wood used for the jointery.
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #7: lacquer and seedlac ............... and buttonlac just for show
buttonlac ...photo just to entertain myself ...next is dark paste wax
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #6: chamfer'd & sanded ... golden oak dye and oil stain'd
I am currently finishing an education class so that I can teach Technology Education (shop class). My last assignment was to create a project that checks for the understanding of the previous lessons. I chose to do my lessons on shop tool safety and usage so it only fits to do a project to show off those new safety skills. I know you all are experts here ;) so I thought you might enjoy picking this apart! I created a simple project that uses the majority of common shop power tools. Her...
Another set in a little different finish. This one has fired in ground glass. Really cool textures
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1466 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 93 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1490 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 236 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 198 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- stefang - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries