Well this morning I got out to the shop and sanded all of the outer case sides, headboard, and header. Then after sweeping the shop real good and then running the shop vac I let the air cleaner run for about an hour. I then cleaned off all the parts once again and got out the stain and put a coat of stain on everything. All that’s left to do now is let it dry and I will be ready to start something new for me and that is spraying lacquer. I have several test pieces as...
After a couple of days of mowing grass, moving all the plants out of the greenhouse/paint booth and cleaning up things I managed to get back in the shop and do some work today. After all the clean up I took the assembled frame and moved it to the cleaned out section that I have up front in the shop. I originally enclosed a 10×10 section with heavy plastic so LOML can bring her plants in to winter over. I then proceeded to cut the outer Cabinet Verticals, Headboard and Header Board ...
Yesterday was a day of taking care of all the things that get neglected when we are in the shop having fun. There has been quite a bit of rain here and it was finally dry enough to cut some grass. I have about 2 1/2 acres here, not all has grass on it but enough that it takes about 3 hours to cut it all. Then some new headlights arrived for our old 96 Ford Escort and I needed to put those in. By that time the day was pretty well shot. Today I have am going to clean off the front a...
Additional Hide Glue Links Make Your Own Hide Glue Brush! A Hide Glue Primer Repairing an Old Drawer with Animal Hide Glue Last night I was startled awake from a woodworking daydream by a loud crashing sound from our home office. The side and bottom fell out of drawer of our antique oak desk when Beth was trying to get a box of staples from the rear of the long drawer. Sounds like a repair brewing! Well this desk is an older “antique” oak English library desk. Beth ...
Well today was kind of slow but I did accomplish a few things just not in the shop. My new HVLP spray gun arrived this morning, and I have to say that those guys from GleemPaint are on the ball.Ordered the gun Friday and arrived on Monday with standard shipping now that is the way to do business. I had decided to finish this bed with lacquer and it was recommended by a fellow LJ member that a good product for a rookie such as myself would be a pre-cat lacquer that is fast drying and wou...
I got my moldings yesterday and started cutting it to size today. I went with a rather inexpensive precut molding in order to keep the cost down a little. I considered using Sepele but the molding would have cost more than the bed. So here I am cutting my moldings into picture frames to put on the face panels. Then I put them out to make sure everything looked right. Once I was satisfied with everything I put a coat of stain on before I attached them to the face frame. Sin...
Thursday I spent most of the morning researching for a spray gun then did some sanding and got what I have done so far ready to assemble. Friday I got some small things finished up getting ready to make the final push to complete the outer case for the bed. Before going out to the shop I confirmed my order for a new HVLP spray gun and it should be here by the first of the week. I then attached the frame structure to the face panels using construction adhesive and screws. Then ...
Had an enjoyable day but again what day is not enjoyable when you get to spend it making sawdust? The first thing I did today is finish out my location jig so that for all future beds I will be able to align the pieces in the jig mark all the locations and do a quick check with the ruler and drill and cut. The first pic shows the jig with all of the holes and locations finished and properly marked. The second one shows the jig in position to lay out the opening for the Left Panel Lockin...
Last time I got a mite confused on laying out the hardware on the side rails and came very close to making a boo boo. Before I got too far I went back to the DVD and watched a segment that cleared things up. You put the left rail on the right and the right rail on the left with the top facing away from you. It is very important that the hardware gets mounted correctly in relation to a 1” dia hole that is bored thru each side rail. Once I got all that figured out I and done I tran...
Hai Everyone,Cameron,thanks for posting your honest opinion, on my how to project,I believe that God made the wood with some kind of many reason, pls look around our house,office or somewhere else, many our belongings made from wood,do you think its been there before we are ? or its falling from the moon, 1000% from harvesting ofcause.And in my country not all people or companies are able to do harvest or just cut them down even if the trees are belong to us and growing behind our backyard, m...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1197 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1219 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries