..this is how it is done
This is in addition to the burl blog I put on a week ago. Thank you for all the reads.This is to the best of my knowledge and I am still learning.I have found crazy figure in tree crotches. A tree crotch is where two branches come together. It is usually the piece that fire wood people don’t want because it doesn’t slit. That is because the crotch is the hardest part of the tree and the grain in going in different directions. It’s where you get what is called “feather”. “Haring bone, r...
...what do you all think ?....
Hey everyone, I was asked by a few of you from my blog “How to find legal burls” “once I get them how do I cut the burls”? Well I just made a short vidio on how I cut to the burl in the context of a bowl or hollow form blank. Please coment and add if I don’t cover it well. If you not want to go thru the hassle of finding and cutting your own you can alway buy from me. LOLThanksGreg Thanks Todd on the tip for getting the video on this post.
..glued and nailed...
In this episode I use a template to cut out a design for the top part of the side panels. Then I talk about jointery for the shelvs and then I cut the wood used for the jointery.
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #7: lacquer and seedlac ............... and buttonlac just for show
buttonlac ...photo just to entertain myself ...next is dark paste wax
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #6: chamfer'd & sanded ... golden oak dye and oil stain'd
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1295 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 101 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1317 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries