Yo whats up everybody I am working on a project now and I found something out today that really surprised me if you put a polyurethane down over top of a oil based finish then it is a really rough surface if you sand it but if you take a rag soaked with mineral spirits then it removed that rough coat and it seals the wood up really good.
Hello all. I am in need. A need to fill the void. The void is an empty spot. The empty spot in an area of the shop I haven’t seen in years. There actually is a floor under all that “junk” as the bride would say. (I say golden treasures.) But, what I need now is spiritual help and a set of free plans for a drift boat or dory. I know I can build one, just need the plans. Have looked and downloaded several but cant find ones concerning a Montana style. Those guys craft some s...
Well, still aiming for the 150 but only got the 20 odd butter boards glued up…lllland another 12 boards cut glued shaped and ready for final sand and oil..llllllllAnd the sign and the coffee table and….There is always tonight and tomorrow.
Alright Topamax you’ve gone and done it!! Your “facetious” comment has given me the drive and motivation to improve on this “style” of box. I realized you were just kidding of course but the challenge was still there. I could feel it. LOL. So here we go, embarking on a journey that may or may not be successfull. Will it be padauk or wenge banding? Will it have a diamond like the last one or will it have some other pattern? Nobody knows for sure, but one thing...
Hey Lumberjocks, Been pretty busy these past few months and wanted to let you know why.Made by Hand: Furniture Projects from the Unplugged Woodshop (hardcover) is now available for pre-order at my site:www.tomfidgen.blogspot.comHope you stop by to have a look. ” The definitive book of how to build woodworking projects using hand tools. While there are a number of books on hand tools for woodworkers that provide information about hand tools and their individual uses, no one has...
Kind of got off track with the boards and have been messing around with some boxes …. someone asked if I was taking any bandsaw boxes to Melbourne and I though OK.Here are a few pics of the progress so far.. I think 7 so far.llllllllThis is a new design I am working on for the new line of “Bagette Boards” llllllOnly in dry fit stage at this moment.. hope to glue it up tonight after work.ll
Well, I finally got a workshop and moved all of my tools to their new home. I was lucky enough to find a very nice industrial desk and credenza on craigslist (FOR FREE) to use for storage and assembly. I picked up some rubber drawer liners to keep things from sliding around, and I really wish that they came sized to fit. I was cutting the liners to fit their respective drawers and was soon reminded that it’s usually the small things that bite ya. With ALLLLL of the VERY STUPID things th...
So having read part #1 I’ll complete the second variation of the Drunken checker board pattern. The process is basically the same except for one critical part and is as follows. Start again by taping two blanks together. This time In stead of making opposing S cuts I’ll follow the S pattern with each cut. (I get a little sloppy, but it works out OK). Follow the Part #1 procedure. CRITICAL PART! This step creates the difference between the pattern in part one ...
Yo whats up everybody I am working on a project right now and I want to put pictures along the sides I am going to use shellac then im going to stain it. Them put the pictures down and polyurathane over the pictures. I am going to probably put 3 coats of stain on it then 2 coats of polyurathane. I am not 100% sure when I should put the pictures down on the wood.
This post is about the 20 butter boards I have orders for.\Finished work at 2.30 pm this afternoon and it is now 6.30 in the evening.With the 5 in glue up yesterday and now sanded..total is 23 ready… well ready for glue up… had a lot of fun cutting and ripping the Camphor and Rosewood.These pics are of all the bits ready for glue up…this will be a two stage glue up.. first the main board minus the handle blank… Cut the curve after glue up and the separate to allow glue...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1264 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1286 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries