This is in addition to the burl blog I put on a week ago. Thank you for all the reads.This is to the best of my knowledge and I am still learning.I have found crazy figure in tree crotches. A tree crotch is where two branches come together. It is usually the piece that fire wood people don’t want because it doesn’t slit. That is because the crotch is the hardest part of the tree and the grain in going in different directions. It’s where you get what is called “feather”. “Haring bone, r...
...what do you all think ?....
Hey everyone, I was asked by a few of you from my blog “How to find legal burls” “once I get them how do I cut the burls”? Well I just made a short vidio on how I cut to the burl in the context of a bowl or hollow form blank. Please coment and add if I don’t cover it well. If you not want to go thru the hassle of finding and cutting your own you can alway buy from me. LOLThanksGreg Thanks Todd on the tip for getting the video on this post.
..glued and nailed...
In this episode I use a template to cut out a design for the top part of the side panels. Then I talk about jointery for the shelvs and then I cut the wood used for the jointery.
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #7: lacquer and seedlac ............... and buttonlac just for show
buttonlac ...photo just to entertain myself ...next is dark paste wax
Set of Haunted Forest Tiles waiting for the frame #6: chamfer'd & sanded ... golden oak dye and oil stain'd
I am currently finishing an education class so that I can teach Technology Education (shop class). My last assignment was to create a project that checks for the understanding of the previous lessons. I chose to do my lessons on shop tool safety and usage so it only fits to do a project to show off those new safety skills. I know you all are experts here ;) so I thought you might enjoy picking this apart! I created a simple project that uses the majority of common shop power tools. Her...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1263 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1285 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 369 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 160 entries
- stefang - 148 entries