It has been a while but I finally finished the living room.The last of the trim has been installed. The baseboard proved to be more challenging than I had hoped for.The house over the last 100+ years has settled so every bit had to be scribed and planed to fit. There are still pieces to build for the room but at least it is finished. I plan on adding a period correct light to finish it off. thanks for looking. Greg Here is the finished product finally…....................
Got the two beds and the bookcase built in record time, two days. It help that the customer will apply the finish. I finished them up on Saturday just before time to go home. Until I can post the project, here is a link to the videos and building pictures (click here). (at the bottom of the page) For more building pictures see my Current Projects link at wwbeds.com or poggyskids.com. See what we are doing live: <div></div>
It’s part 4 of the basic flower box. Man, when is this stupid flower thing going to end? Oh yeah, this is the end. Finally we can be done with digging in the dirt and smelling sweet smells that get into your clothes. Oh cripe i’m a girlie guy! I hate my life. PLus there will be new segmets to the show in the near future, with new characters. Stay tuned.Visit woodchoppintime.comor become a subscriber at www.youtube.com/bigchopperoo
Well, I got a call from a developer we do finish trim design and installs for and he asked me to contact the new owner of one of the homes they built that we did all the finish trim inside. Got a chance to snap a few more pics real quick so I thought I’d add them to the blog. Heres the DiningRoom Pillars, I thought they needed a crown head but the owner wanted to be cheap…sigh.. This next one is of some Alder Beams we did in the Family Room. Heres a shot of the Mas...
Okay, here’s one of the most useful jigs that I’ve ever made. And if I lost i tomorrow, I could build another in about fifteen minutes. I’m not going to include any dimensions as you should make one to fit your own situation. I made this up obviously with scraps. If I made it out of anything else, it wouldn’t work any better. When I build things there’s always some small parts in need of a little fitting. Viola! I frequently use this #7 r...
Sandbar is the name of the next house I am trimming for Specialty Builders, LLC. After many long evenings playing around with Google Sketchup to draw detailed drawings of the kitchen, and then using Cut List Plus (thanks to a recommendation from Lee Jesberger’s site: prowoodworkingtips.com!) to set up my plywood cutting, I have begun cutting said plywood to size. Cut List Plus is tremendous! It is saving me from having too much waste, plus the option of printing labels for each part ...
The last two months or so, the shop has been a mess. Partly this is due to not having a place to put all of my lumber but the bigger part is I have had no place to put the larger equipment. Recently in one of the woodworking magazines they built a shop cabinet that housed the same type equipment I was trying to organize. They built it with spruce and peg board. I had some left over melamine (melamine that just happened to match all of the other cabinets in the shop) so I went to work with a d...
Before I install the dishwasher panel I need to fit a piece of trim to cover the mortar bed. So back to the wood pile. I need 11 feet of trim so I pulled a 12 footer from my stash and began the resaw process. First: Metal detector boogie and pull nails. (About 50 this time) Getting ready to resaw. Tiny Shop! Resawing: My outfeed support. Planer cleanup. Unfortunately a knot blew out, so I am going to have to scarf two pieces. Trim stock. Ran out of steam. It is c...
The PlanSave the plaster, the upper cabinets, all millwork, and the windows (is that millwork). The douglas fir cabinets had been refaced in the long past. Could it be removed? Before The kitchen before… Upper cabinets are original with refacing and paint.. The evil laundry porch. Close up on laundry sink. Nice huh? Under the sink. That is my poor man’s possum proofin. My first homemade shelf. Good times. If I had a hammer… Demolition Time!!!! I demo ...
Almost nowBefore I get to the current work on the kitchen, let’s play catch-up.: After a successful but expensive run on the living room and dining room we decided to keep on with the back of the house. We had two rooms to strip/stain and replaster/paint. Plus the L-shaped hallway. I will let the pictures do the talking. DenThe den before (why did I paint it like this?).. During plaster work and with windows stripped. Turns out the casements had been replaced. They look lik...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1736 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1761 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 239 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 215 entries
- stefang - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Dave Rutan - 209 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries