One of my staples for sale at craft shows is slotted coin displays.They are fairly simple to make and I try to make them in batches so I have inventory without setting up too often to make them.All of them so far have been made from dunnage used to ship steel radio transmission towers from India to the US. Where we would use pine 2×4’s to brace freight this particular company used an assortment of mid/far east woods. From what I can see and surmise it is the off-cuts from the India...
After a few questions about my homemade wax and finishing, i share now the recipe wich works very well for me. 200g beewax ( it´s a little less than a half pound)200g paraffine200g carnauba1 l turpentine ( thats about a little moore than 1 quart)asphalt paint, pigments ( for dyeing ) First melt all 3 wax sorts in a water bath. Be carefull that it will not get to hot and burn and you will have crumbsin your finish. Stir everything very well.l Take it from the stove and let it cool down...
I completed work on the jointer today and got it running. I had the camera rolling as I did it and got that all packaged up and loaded. I hope you like the conclusion of this small series on my jointer. It takes a lot of time to make them, but it is fun time. I am enjoying this combination of hobbies. Thanks for watching! https://youtu.be/i4-7iqLnnxY
I prepared some rope samples a few weeks ago for a client meeting. Here’s the process I used: Layout Part I. Video for Part I of the layout process. I mark the centers of the square portions at either end of the turning. I line my ruler up with the two points and bend it down slightly so it touches the column. Then I mark a short center line on the column itself. I do that on all four sides. Then I take some painters tape and line up the centers the same way I did with the ruler, ...
The box hasn’t darkened appreciably over the past two days, so I put in fresh ammonia in a slightly bigger saucer to give it more surface area. Here’s a funny thing. It felt like the box was damp to the touch. The lid just lies in a rabbet in the sides, and the wood had swollen so much that it was jammed in tight! It really has been picking up moisture. I don’t know if this is due to the fuming reaction, or if it is just a consequence of having the box suspended ove...
I have been revamping and upgrading the American School of French Marquetry website lately and we just launched a forum for everyone to use post and ask questions or help others in this fields.As any Forum we need people to start and to make this forum an alive place. Please help us make this forum a place that could contribute to raise the quality of work for our Lumberjocks community. http://americanschooloffrenchmarquetry.com/asfm/index.php/marquetry-forum
I have to give credit to my wife for this tip. We were at a local big box store looking at wood for cabinetry. We were curious as to how different wood’s grains were going to look after a finish was applied. We had seen before were people would use a little water to get an idea. Of course we didn’t have any water readily available to us and I don’t think they would appreciate use getting water on their products. That’s when my wife had the brilliant idea of using a sma...
Well yes, my twin brother got a painted egg… I had to wait until the middle of the night…I guess you’ve never seen a rabbit painting an egg on a pole lathe, but now we know they do! We just want to wish everybody:Boa Páscoa, Nice Easter, Schöne Ostern, Belle PâquesBuena Pascua, Bella Pasqua, Güzel Paskalya! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJsmFnmf3w0
Late last year, before I put the saw away for the winter, a piece of the casting on the tablesaw broke. It was causing some vibration and the blade to move side to side a bit when adjusting height. Not good in conjunction with zero clearance inserts. Anyway, it is getting warm again and time to get the saw ready for what I hope will be a productive summer. The “key” as I am calling it had to be fixed. There are 2 parts that mount on a shaft and are keyed together you can see ...
OK we are out of the clamps with our project and we level the legs. Next we do a little more finish sanding and spray our finish. *Note one thing I forgot on the video I buy adhesive backed felt and put on the bottom of the feet to ad that “Pro” touch to it. Enjoy and if any would not mind doing me favor, how about leaving some reviews on iTunes for me. Thanks In Advance, Huck
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries