heres a link for the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRrCot37CISIoIcw_3nnKL4GZX9hapHzdif you enjoy please subscribe
hey everyone, over the last couple of days i have been able to get a lot done in terms of milling up the lumber and gluing up panels. i chose sycamore for the trash box because it is a hard wood as opposed to the pine that i was going to use before. there was a sale at the lumberyard on sycamore and it was less per bf than a select 1 board of pine. so the purchase made sense. first i got my lumber and let it sit for awhile and then milled it up. the first picture is of a rough board and ...
This is the latest video in the build of the Octave Mandolin. In this segment I’m gluing the freshly made soundboard to the quilted Maple rim. Adding the tone bars and cutting out the Apertures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdEjQzoCDA
This will be my first go at restoring a wooden bodied hand plane. In the pics you’ll see it’s an older Stanley wooden bodied plane that is rusted up pretty bad. I can handle the rust issue with electrolysis like I’ve done many times before. As I’m typing this there are parts in the bath and last night I did the iron/blade….which is pitted pretty bad. But what concerns me are the checks in the wooden body and layers of gunk built up on the wood. In your...
• My marquetry guidelines: There’s nothing to it,... really just get a nice and strait ruler, a sharp normal utility-knife, scotch-tape , patience and a small hard sandingblock with 150 and 180 grain and start cutting, thats how I learned it….. Guidelines: - I generally use MDF as a work-surface because it has no grain and therefore the knife won’t try to ‘wonder off’. - Never try to cut the veneer in one go, always make multiple lite strokes dependin...
I was looking at Woodcraft and online for some brass pins for boxes, knife kits, etc…. I not only was unable to find anything at Woodcraft, but they were unable to order anything for me regarding this or even point me in the right direction. I know this probably should go in the forum section. I tried and it did not show up under Hardware section. I need these pins for building boxes for the gents in my wedding party and the Dads. Your support would be highly appreciated for recommendat...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NidwW0aWNhk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUuURBvPUoh_ghXT86FXtIRQ Please Subscribe!
So to start with. The miter slots on my saw were shallow from routing the table top flat. I finally decided last night to setup my incra 1000hd for this saw, but in order to do that, I needed to rout the right slot deeper. Ill get around to the left eventually, but the right slot will pretty much be the incra’s new home. I used the same 10$ ryobi router and HF router speed control I used on the top, and just used the fence as a guide. I started with a 1/4” straight bit an...
This is the first entry in this series, but I’m already halfway into the White Oak version of my Rockler Adirondack chair. I’m also building a Western Red Cedar version, but haven’t started dimensioning the boards yet. I’m starting the blog at this point in the project, because 1. I wasn’t a member of LJ before starting the project and 2. I need to get my thoughts down about what I’ve learned so far, because this is really my first TRUE hardwood project...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries