Last year, my first LumberJocks project was the Franken-Rack, a huge wooden rack that mounted on the rook of my 2001 Chevy Blazer. The concept was sound. The construction sturdy and useful. Unfortunately, it was too heavy for the roof’s infrastructure to support, so off it went, late last year, to go through this past winter under heavy canvas cover. On April25th I made an excellent buy on a Harbor Freight (HF) 4’x8’ Folding Utility Trailer. Over the past month I have been w...
One last post on the camper subject. We did the trip, 2 months, round the country loop visiting some of the major national parks. There is an extensive blog here I know a lot of this is getting away from woodworking. I started the blog so I’ll try and finish it in a few big chunks as some people are still following it. This is the last post for this project Here is a picture of the inside cabinetry. It’s oak with oak trim. It was mostly made from scrap lumber from old kitchen cabinet do...
Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring #72: Harbor Freight 4'x8' Folding Utility Trailer - One Year Anniversary Update
I thought I would provide an anniversary update on the Harbor Freight trailer build from a year ago. Blog posts on the build are in my archive. Last year I used an Olympia brand deck sealer to protect the wood from the elements. Here is proof of how well the product works after a year outdoors. Not very good. Cracks in the wood were expected, being as it’s pine and that much of has been unprotected over time. The pressure treated plywood bedding received an additional two coat...
hello fellow jocks and jocketts…this is my cherry wood gloat for the year, and probably the only one i will have, i was fortunate enough to have a man advertise that he wanted someone to cut his cherry tree down and use it for furniture and the likes…i was the first to call , i went and checked it out and was like the kid at Christmas, i knew what the present was, i just didn’t know exactly what is was going to look like, the day i cut it it went to the sawyer and now about ...
The last few days have been exceptional as far as moving forward on the shop. Monday saw more cleaning, and organization, getting the last bit of organization to be done to the lathe bench. I have a concrete floor in the garage apparently. The Orange BORG yielded storage bins, electric supplies for two 20 amp circuits, and the expansion of my 15 amp legs for lights, etc. Apparently my new table saw will work on 15amps, so I’m not too hurried to get that taken care of. Tuesday...
Just some progress on the low boy. Used my miter saw for all the angled cuts [22 1/2°] but when I got to this point used the drum sander on the Shopsmith to sand where the front assembly and back meet up so everything comes out just right. Marked for center to be sure and not miss and then free hand drilled for dowels for a little extra support. O!!! I should mention I’m making mine an 8 wheel trailer and all so shortening it from a 17”...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1781 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1806 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 235 entries
- Dave Rutan - 228 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 203 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries