Just had to get away from all the small stuff needed for the train engine so built the tender today. Start Nearly finished day one.Thought I’d try and do like one of Dutchys great blogs and let the pictures do the talking for once.Now this is the kind a builds I really like still have to make the wheel covers and add the water tanks in the back but other than that it’d a done deal and had a lot of fun building it. T...
I thought I took a bunch more pictures but???Played with the cabin walls and windows. Next I needed a roof so here’s my take on rounding one out.First I glued the pattern on the edge of the wood [made the wood block extra big so plenty of room to work]then hot glued a big square of scrap 3” X 3” to the roof bottom and cut it out on the band saw.Then with the wood scrap still on it to keep it strait and level I sanded it on the SS. Then I really had some fun...
Well the plans came in and it’s full steam ahead. Yahoo!!!Starting the Toys And Joys Coal train.I started on the boiler, my thoughts being this is the hardest part everything else can be adjusted to suit it.Here’s what I got done today, I know it doesn’t look like much but this is a big part to this project. Nothing is glued up so may go back and make the walnut rings thinner but we’ll see. Lets back up and start at the beginning.Remember there’s a hun...
I started to scratch build the T&J passenger car but after some searching around found some thing just that little bit different and an now going with what they call a Combined Car.This is what they used to use when it was a short line that needed to carry people but not enough to need a full car so they would use part of it for a mail car or just about any thing to make it pay for it self.So this is my main car to get ideas from. Plus I have it in my head that this is the car Butch Ca...
Just a few more shots. Building these ladders was a pain, I don’t really have the passions for the really small stuff. Almost done.Will post it tomorrow.That’s all focks
Playing with a caboose this time.I don’t know what I did but the pictures aren’t very good so just going to show a quick post of it so any that are interested in building the TOYS AND JOYS caboose can see whats involved. The Caboose is a very simple fun project and a great way to get started building models.There’s only 2 pages of plans so not as easy to get lost in all the details of one of the bigger plans. Here are the main parts to the build. For me framing ...
Starting a new post for my next build which will not be the logging truck as planned but a truck that will match up with the Excavator.I may leave the frame long at first for the well drilling rig but want a truck and trailer for the excavator. I like the look and feel of the excavator much more than the drilling rig so we will have more fun and enjoy it more building for that.I’m thinking of using the Mack LR as my main body type but Dutchy showed me the DAF truck from Europe which ...
One more time I got her done. Yahoo!!!Now on to building a truck.It was a fun build with lots of odd shapes to make.The cable work was quite interesting as they went all over the place.They T&J had to add a whole sheet with tons of pictures just so you could figure out how they all went. Here’s the project build page.http://lumberjocks.com/projects/229114 Here’s all the construction pictures some are shown only here.http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/here...
Well got another fairly warm day in the shop 50 degrees F. Cut out the derrick sides and made a glue up jig to hold them together while I added the cross braces.This is a little trickery because there are only three sides to it.This is one of the great things about these plans, just copy, print out the plans, glue them to some wood clamp it up and you have all the angles and places to drill marked out. Now glue on the braces and every thing will stay in place till the glue hardens. T...
First I made the pieces I needed. None of them is exactly. Here you can see them: I started sanding the botom exactly. Therefore I mostly glue a piece of paper on the part that has to be sanded. Below the situation on the disk sander: Then I glue the back of the cabin and the dashpanel to the bottom. This two pieces both are over sized: After the glue has dried again I sand the pieces exactly according to the bottom; Now it,s time to glue the oversized engine hood on it: And...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1736 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1761 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 239 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 215 entries
- stefang - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Dave Rutan - 209 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries