This is such a busy time for me, as I have project going in many directions. The days just fly by and neither Keith or I can believe how quickly time is passing. It is Friday already and another week is coming to a close. While I did accomplish a great deal, I still have a bit more to do to button up these projects. We also have a wholesale order to fill, as the Artist’s Club accepted the painted version of the mask ornaments that I designed a couple of months ago (that seems lik...
http://youtu.be/GXE0gJNxuWsBuilding a toy tool shed for my grandson’s toy tractors.
A year or so ago I wrote about “Tops”, describing how simple, small, hand-spun tops can be easily made using 1-1/2” diameter wooden wheels and 2” lengths of ¼” dowels (sharpened on one end and chamfered on the other). The tops I made for our toy drive last year and the first fifty or so I made this year, were decorated by applying rings of marker colors to tops spun in a drill..The easiest way to sharpen and chamfer the axle before inserting into the wheel, is to lightly grip it in a drill c...
After several hours of carving with my Dremel tool over the last two days, I completed the custom checkers for this project. This was my first attempt at wood carving and with 48 sides to carve, it was a bit tedious, but not too difficult. My skills improved a good deal by day two and I took some extra time to go back over the first day’s checkers and make sure they were all pretty consistent. I took some video of the carving process to post as a separate blog entry once I have...
Started painting this project after turning off the Packer game around half-time. Hope to have this done by Thursday.
This would make a great stocking stuffer. EDIT: I have fixed the wobbling problem. Check out tomorrows Second Slice to find out what I did wrong and how I fixed it.
Just finished applying 3 coats of rub on poly to all the animals! once they are dry I’ll get a final pic of the animals with the Ark and post that in projects! Till then, here are two pics of the animals. Woods used are padauk, black walnut, yellowheart, red cedar, ash, aspen, basswood, wenge, and beechnut.
I have been salvaging wood from my job sites. The latest was some cedar cut offs, so decided to cut them into very thin slabs of about 1/4 and see what i could make. So far i have made a tray to contain silver ware in the silverware drawer and a large tray for the other utensils in that drawer and a pencil box. I am thinking of making larger items so have been joining the pieces which measure about 2 1/2 X 15 X 1/4” to make larger pc of about 15 X 15 X 1/4. Joining these pc’s h...
Finished up assembly on this project. Had a blast and learned a lot along the way. The wheels are bought..I don’t own a lathe and have no desire to try to make them myself. As for the paint, I am going to mix my own military colors for this project using craft paint I have laying around. I post finished pics when I have them. Here are the latest photos to hold you over.
Got the chassis and part of the cab glued up yesterday.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries