Started playing with the plans for the tanker truck.T&J has two tanker trucks, this one was put out in 1985 if I remember right and is a very simple plan with 2 pages to work with.The newer one is much more elaborate having tool boxes and oil drums on the sides.It had fenders going to the tool boxes and stopping. The one I have has full fenders but no tool boxes and the tank is rounder. I’m going to be copying the squarer looking tank but still not sure about the tools boxes y...
I’m starting to lay out where everything goes on paper with the few down loaded Mack and some great Daf pictures I could find.Then I can take some measurements and off to the shop I go.I will be working on the frame axles[differential] springs motor and trans.Probable should make the wheels fairly soon so I’ll have those measurements.Those wheels are going to be interesting, I’ve never made any like this before.I just love those wheels I posted, will be kind of off road, on road tires.O...
Starting a new post for my next build which will not be the logging truck as planned but a truck that will match up with the Excavator.I may leave the frame long at first for the well drilling rig but want a truck and trailer for the excavator. I like the look and feel of the excavator much more than the drilling rig so we will have more fun and enjoy it more building for that.I’m thinking of using the Mack LR as my main body type but Dutchy showed me the DAF truck from Europe which ...
Assembly of my Old Time Farm Truck The finished components that need to be assembled A test fit Gluing the mudguards The second mudguard gets added Gluing the engine block to the cab – the 4 lb hammer provides a nice clamping force The mudguard is glued to the chassis An alignment block attached to the loadbed with double sided tape Test fit Glued on The cab and engine block plus the loadbox added OOPS!!!!!I should have attached the headlamps before glu...
I managed to squeeze in a little shop time today and began by using my Craftsman 113 series contractor table saw to rip a piece of sycamore to rough width and resawed it rough thickness for the engine compartment pieces. As you can see in this photo, I’m using a 2×4 and a couple of clamps as a rip fence. What can I say, I got the saw for $35… I used my planer to mill the piece of sycamore to the final width and thickness. No pictures of that process today. Next I u...
Back to working on the trucks. I know some of you thought I’d already bailed out, but not this time. As I said in my last blog post, I needed to build a small sled for my table saw. I finished it today. My first swing at making a sled bombed because the plywood (Hm Dpt 1/2” Sandply…) was slightly warped and it wouldn’t relax and lay flat on the table saw… So I laminated three pieces of 3/16” tempered hardboard (aka Masonite). I used the table saw top as ...
We have two young grandsons, Chance (almost 3) and Jaylan (6). I’ve decided to build a couple of toy trucks for them. For this project I’m using the truck featured in WoodSmith No 35 (Oct 84). Here’s a picture of the truck as featured in the magazine: Today I selected a piece of cypress to use to make the chassis of the trucks. The piece was rough sawn and 5/4 thickness. I used my Ridgid planer to surface the board and planed it down to 13/16” thickness. ...
Started painting this project after turning off the Packer game around half-time. Hope to have this done by Thursday.
Finished up assembly on this project. Had a blast and learned a lot along the way. The wheels are bought..I don’t own a lathe and have no desire to try to make them myself. As for the paint, I am going to mix my own military colors for this project using craft paint I have laying around. I post finished pics when I have them. Here are the latest photos to hold you over.
I am making really good progress on this project. Finished assembling and gluing the tank and trailer two nights ago. Last night I got a good start on the tractor. Once all are built, then it is on to paint. I have been very fortunate to have enough scrap wood to make this project. The only cost incurred has been the cost of the plans. Toymaker Press really puts out some nice toy plans.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1792 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 115 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1817 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries