This is a project I started back in September. I would pick at it from time to time in between other projects, and honey-do lists. My garage is 12’ x 20’, so I need to really think about where things go to make everything fit. I really needed a table for my planer and table top router. So, when I saw this project on the Wood website, I had to make it. This rolling cabinet also serves as my out-feed table for my table saw. Rarely do I ever follow plans exactly, and this is no ex...
OK. I caved in and bought an Incra Insert for the router table after they posted it back in stock. It’s the 3/8” phenolic plate that is their ‘old’ design. the opening for the router is 3 3/8” as opposed to the new Aluminum plate which are 3 5/8”. also it’s not as mechanical capable as the aluminum plates, but for $35 it’s within my budget. and still a very good plate. what I really like about the Incras is their MagnaLock plate inserts which sn...
So after much research and debates, I have finally charged the card, and 2 days later the delivery arrived with the new saw in the box (I opted to have it delivered from the store as opposed to pick it up myself – at 450lbs, I simply wouldn’t be able to unload it myself) Delivery from HD was swift and smooth, positive and friendly guy stop at my place saturday morning, and helped me position the box in my garage – I couldn’t be happier (took 5 minutes, 4.5 of those was...
I just finished a video that details the construction of a neat little box I made for my wife as an anniversary gift. This box has some unique features that make it special. Check out the video and leave a comment on the site and let me know what you think of the project. The video can be accessed here:http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/post/Keepsake-Box-Cocobolo.aspx I actually made two of this style box (one as prototype). Here’s a link to the photo galleries of each box:...
A year or so ago I wrote about “Tops”, describing how simple, small, hand-spun tops can be easily made using 1-1/2” diameter wooden wheels and 2” lengths of ¼” dowels (sharpened on one end and chamfered on the other). The tops I made for our toy drive last year and the first fifty or so I made this year, were decorated by applying rings of marker colors to tops spun in a drill..The easiest way to sharpen and chamfer the axle before inserting into the wheel, is to lightly grip it in a drill c...
Not much done today, had time to install the casters. had to go the lowes for some lag bolts (5/16) as the casters did not come with it. I found the casters on eBay for a fantastic price. it’s sold by SES Casters which are here in Massachusetts. total price was ~26 including shipping. they may not be red and shiny – but they are soft, heavy duty, and work fantastic! I highly recommend this seller by any means. I installed 2 swivel casters on the front of the table, and 2 non...
I’ve been working the graveyard shift all week (which has seriously impeded my woodworking habit), helping my defacto brother-in-law with his concrete polishing business. It’s pretty cool, especially if you start with the right concrete, dye, aggregate, etc. I was seriously thinking about making the tops for my night stands out of polished black concrete. It would look like granite, only I could do it myself (with his help). It would be water resistant, if sealed properly, so ...
Previously, I had run out of time to complete the tail vise on my workbench: This weekend I finally got the time to remedy that situation. I started off by routing the dog holes in one of the boards, then gluing up the leg vise block. The dog holes are spaced at 3” for versatility. Then I needed to figure out what to remove for the various pieces of the vise hardware. Some time was spent with the adjustable square to figure out the recess locations. Note: the measureme...
So I followed the recipe I synthesized for the pagoda tile frame and applied it to the top and breadboard ends. It turned out amazing! It looks like something right out of an antique store. Here’s the progression:..^ TransTint “Dark Mission Brown” aniline dye in isopropyl alcohol only (with flash on = more red)...^ Same with flash off (see how muddy it looks)..^ One coat of Zinser amber shellac (1 pound cut). Man shellac is a pain to work with. Once you paint it on, th...
Last week I finished drilling many holes for the sides of the well. These included the holes for the clamping bars as well as the pilot holes and countersinks for the confirmat screws. This took a bit of time because of all the measuring and trial and error positioning to ensure I didn’t make any major mistakes since the FWW plans were subject to interpretation and my sketchup plans (last entry) were a little inaccurate regarding the size of the clamping bars. It paid off though. For ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1199 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1221 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 333 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 146 entries